“Second visit even better than the first”
Review of Old Hall House

Old Hall House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fillongley
London, United Kingdom
“Second visit even better than the first”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Another show at the NEC and I jumped at the chance to stay at the Old Hall House, Heart of England again. Travelling on your own can be a bit strange but everyone at Old Hall made me feel so welcome, they even remembered me from the last time and my love of soft pillows! Stayed in a different room this time, beautiful decor & lots of quality different touches that you wouldn't expect. The house keepers are fantastic, lovely ladies who really looked after me to the maximum. At the last minute I decided to stay on an extra day & night, again nothing too much trouble. I really can't explain how lovely the whole team are, the added bonus of this place is the other things you can do. I decided to take a walk down to their beach (yes a beach in the
midlands!!), I got talking to the Owners PA Jane, who gave me a golf buggy tour of the whole
property, what a complete treat and a really lovely lady who went out of her way to showcase this unique place. I'm already looking forward to my third visit, a real gem of a place.

Room Tip: Room 4 is very roomy, nice bathroom & lovely colours
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stella C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We have just had our wedding and it was fab. The facilities, logistics, food and staff were great. Myself and guests thoroughly enjoyed our day. We also enjoyed our stay at Old Hall House. Spotlessly clean and breakfast was lovely. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindyL0049
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I visited with my boyfriend for one night, and we chose to stay in room 6, after seeing the pictures on the website. We expected a great place and it exceeded our expectations. The room was huge and decorated to a high standard, it was perfectly clean as well. Walking into the bathroom was a surprise as the photos don't do it justice. It was the largest bathroom I've ever seen, and the jacuzzi was also bigger than expected. The finishing touches such as 52 inch plasma, fridge and mood lighting made this stay the best we've ever had. The service was very personal, and Michelle (I think) went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. Unfortunately the weather was horrible so we didn't experience the rest of what the complex had to offer but it certainly gives us a reason to go back :)

Room Tip: choose room 6!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kirsty086
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Our company hired this venue for our summer party last weekend. It was overcast but what a fantastic day we had. The facilities were fab, the staff were fab, the food was lovely, the beach, the rides, the hog roast evening food was delicious. Would love to go back here its in beautiful settings

Room Tip: I didnt stay over as the rooms were all booked so had to stay in coleshill which was fine. so cant c...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank IrishJackie
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Well what can I say. I booked a room at this B&B through laterooms.com and thought it was only a old farmhouse, how wrong could I be. We arrived to find this property set in aches of land with an on site restaurant (very good value, service and food) a lovely decked area, a man made beach with pedalos, deck chairs and anything else you may feel you want and need for a day out at the beach (including Ice Cream/Snacks/Drinks), Conference facilities, Rock Climbing, Wedding Facilities, a Chalet style cabin you can hire out and plenty more. Price for a room includes cereal, freshly cooked full English breakfast, Toast and Tea/Coffee/Juice.

They also do many events during the year including Halloween, Christmas and New Year which look amazing, definitely worth a visit and perhaps joining their mailing list.

Room Tip: There are seven rooms in this farmhouse all have an en suite Shower except Room 6 which as a bath bi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Really needed to get away and recharge our batteries. Last minute booking and what a fantastic time we had. Lovely couple of sunny days made it even better. We were looked after from start to finish. Room was first class, great touches & very different to other hotels. The room you could tell was well maintained, very spacious and a great tv! The whole place is ultra clean. Breakfast was really lovely, homemade & cooked to order. My partner wanted kippers & even this request was no trouble. Thank you ladies, you cook a mean breakfast. Spent the day walking around the park which is breathtaking. Lots of activity & great woodland walks. Had a meal in the restaurant which again was fantastic. Loved the atmosphere in the restaurant, very special, great setting. A great few days away, I will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6, 4 poster bed & jacuzzi ...... Bliss. All the rooms looked lovely tho, had...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2012

went off for a night away here, found it online at the last minute and decided to give it a try.
The room was nice it was under the staircase in the cellar.the room was small had a large tv on the wall and a steam shower too which was nice.The whole appearance of the room was well done and low lighting in ceiling was good.Had a steak meal in the(quicken tree restaurant) on steak night and to be honest the steak was poor,extremely tough also had a bottle of white wine and it was served warm and in a bucket with no ice which spoiled our evening really,next morning we had
breakfast in the dining room above our room and it tasted great,mmm plenty of every thing as a cooked breakfast, including cereal and orange juice and thanks to the 2 ladies who served us they were very friendly .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fillongley
Days Inn Corley NEC M6
The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Best Western Plus Birmingham NEC Meriden Manor Hotel
Quality Hotel Coventry
Quality Hotel Coventry
#18 of 39 in Coventry
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Nailcote Hall Hotel and Golf Club

Been to Old Hall House? Share your experiences!