“Good atmosphere and good value for money”

Heart of England Events Centre
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Good atmosphere and good value for money”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've been twice now, both times on a Living Social voucher. Food is from the main menu and each time I've only paid the difference between the value given on the voucher and the actual bill. There was none of the only allowing food up to a certain value and paying for extras if they were still within the quoted value. Atmosphere was very good and we were made to feel 'a bit special'.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chris P

Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not a good place to sleep”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

recently stopped here. on first impressions i thought it looked quite a nice wedding venue. things run pretty smoothly to be honest until the room. or the so called log cabin which is actually a shed with a heater in.
for £120 you would expect to have at least a decent bed which you can sleep in, yet alone a nice spacious room. the "double" bed turned out to be 2 twin beds zipped together and 2 mattresses which are so uncomfortable it is unreal, they roll into the middle so that both you and your partner roll into each other in the middle of the bed and you cant sleep out the edge of the bed. the bed sheets were dirty with mud, and also other marks. lipstick was found on glasses in the room, tv didn't work. shower door was jammed. and the decoration in the shed was just awful. in the morning at breakfast we constantly had to chase someone down for tea or toast or our actual breakfast. then when the breakfasts came they were the wrong order.
if your planning a nice place to stop i wouldn't suggest here. in my opinion i would rather have had a room in Skegness for this money. its an absolute shambles! then when it comes to complaints it takes 2 weeks for the matter to be dealt with. and all we got is a £20 cheque. well if the had of compensated me better i may have kept this to myself, but believe me this place is definately not worth the money

Visited March 2013
1 Thank trip_advice190
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor Organisation”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My best frineds wedding was held there in june. We had the marque. It had been raining, the floor was like mush and sinking in parts, nothing was done to rectify this. Food was very slow for the wedding breakfast, they lost the entrace music for the happy couple. I had noticed tha even before the starter was served our profiteroles for sweets were all sat on plates in a side room on a large table. They were not served for another couple of hours. Very poor standards and no food safety practices.

Visited June 2012