Legend Garden Condos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Saint Peter's Bay(Saint Peter Parish)
Cobblers Cove(Speightstown)
  • Room Service
Almond Beach Resort(Saint Peter Parish)
  • Breakfast included
Port St. Charles(Saint Peter Parish)
View Hotel
Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa(Saint Peter Parish)
View Hotel
All reviewsmullins beachother guestsgreen monkeyslaid backwonderful hostsacross the roadpetrol stationperfect locationextended familyhome from homedressing roombeach bargreat poolfish frybus stopnothing is too much troublewest coast beaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Fabulous accomodation set in beautifull private Caribbean Gardens. Secluded pool and all sorts of tropical plants, birds, shy monkeys. Our young children were safe and played and found plenty of shade when the sun was too hot. Peacefull short walk to the most lovelly beach in the world. Yes we have found heaven.

Room Tip: self contained cabins in the gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MarkChadwick
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We spent 4 nights here. It should have been more. We only had time for these 4 days. They treat you more like friends than customers. When I made my reservation I filled out my "special request" section and asked for "warm weather and friendly smiles". I got both. Delia and 'Bird' were our hosts. When they met us in the driveway, she asked if that was my request. She remembered it. She filled the request. This is no fancy, huge hotel. It is a small family owned, family run vacation getaway. I asked Delia if she could find us a snorkel adventure, She asked what we were looking for, gave us options and made the reservations for us. It was a great day, just as she assured us. I think Delia and "Bird" knew everyone on the island. If we said where we were staying someone knew them. We went out for dinner with them to a bar that they suggested. It was great. They steered us right on any questions we had. They have regular guests there every February. Some fly in from the U.K. and some from Canada and they have been returning for up to 25+ years. I neglected to ask about other months. we were introduced to some as we met under an outdoor patio area almost every night. We talked about everything and anything. Instant friendship. The pool was clean and refreshing. There are a few green monkeys that go through the property twice a day. They were fun to look for and watch. The bus stops on the main road not far from the entrance. You can go from one end of the island to another for one US dollar. When my wife and I left, we must have taken 20 minutes to say goodbye. Hugs from Delia and Bird, our new friends from the UK and Canada, email and Facebook exchanges take a while.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank willtravelfromhere
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After having initially booked our stay at another hotel in Barbados, we decided to change accommodation and since we had already looked at The Legendary Gardens before we left home, we decided to give it a go.
We liked the place immediately when we arrived.

Situated on the west coast, near the very nice Mullins Beach, the place itself was absolutely wonderful. Short stroll down a palm fringed driveway, to get to the beach, and only a short bus ride to my favorite beach for swimming, Reeds Bay. Buses run frequently at the main road, but the place is set away from the road so it was very quiet day and night.

We got one of the upstairs condo's which was spacious, clean and inviting. I really liked the kitchen on the balcony, where you could sit and eat while the birds would come and visit.
The place was fully booked when we were there, yet it was quiet, and the other guests were all very friendly. I pretty much had the pool to myself every morning, and really enjoyed relaxing with a swim and drink in the sun. At dusk or dawn monkeys would pass by the pool area in the tree's and they were always fun to watch.

What really made this a unique stay though, was the owners Delia and Bird. They were really friendly, inviting us to join a barbecue with their friends from Barbados. We had a great night, getting a chance to taste the absolute delicious Barbadian food, and I really enjoyed talking to everyone and learning about life in Barbados.
Bird is also very knowledgeable about Barbados, so if you are interested in history or to learn more about the island, he will be happy to tell you.

I would choose this place over a hotel anytime, as it was so much more interesting getting a chance to meet the owners, their friends and family, and get a glimpse of what Barbados is all about.

Room Tip: For a bit of extra privacy, choose the upstairs room. Air condition worked fine, and the WiFi worked like a boon in our room :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mikkel H
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here last year and returned for a visit this year. Bird and Delia are lovely people and their accommodation is relaxed, comfortable and quirky. We love this place and intend returning again. The Wi-Fi was occasionally a bit hit and miss, the TV was largely non existent but this was not a problem for us, we were in Barbados! This place feels like a true Bajan experience with the warmth and friendliness offered by Bird and Delia making us feel valued and welcome. Stupidly we hadn't organised car hire prior to our visit (a must as there is limited availability on the island) and Delia helped us to secure one by contacting several companies on our behalf. We were offered a lift to Holetown by Bird and Delia to collect groceries and when we were spotted in a Speightstown shop we were offered a lift home. Lovely people.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lindafromnorwich
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The place is charming and in a great location in Barbados. Host and Hostess Bird and Delia make you feel like you're part of the family. We so enjoyed the potluck dinner they hosted so we could meet the other guests. Bird and Delia took such great care of us. They're great a figuring out what your interests are and then facilitating your experience. They've investigated the best snorkel tours, dive shops, restaurants and other things on the Island and have personal relationships with many of the owners so you're experience is personal and enjoyable. They couldn't have been more accommodating when our flight home was delayed by four hours. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple