“Nordic DeLights!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andoy Friluftssenter

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Risoyhamn
Andoy Friluftssenter
Ranked #1 of 1 Risoyhamn B&B and Inns
Masai Mara
“Nordic DeLights!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Nigel and Ingvild have a gem of a place overlooking the stunning Buksnesfjord. You are nestled 40 metres from the fjord and 100 metres from mountains. After a very lumpy landing into Evenes and driving a hire car ( Europcar very good) through hurricane force winds of 78 knots for 2 hours we were so relieved to reach this wonderful wilderness property. Even more delighted that Nigel had been busy cooking up a storm in his kitchen with the most delicious moose pie and the best creme brulee I have ever had perfumed with a cheeky dram of Akvavit. This was the first of many gastro nordic feasts all from farm fresh produce. Fantastic breakfasts too which really set you up for action packed adventures - helped me run with the Reindeer and in 4 days we had all weathers so was glad of the snow shoes. The hosts are charming and clearly proud of their home and make you feel so comfortable - we can't wait to return with the children. Seeing the Northern Lights from the hot tub was pretty special too!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

What a wonderful base for our hectic 4 day stay in Norway to photograph the Northern Lights. Nigel and Ingavild were perfect hosts, the food was fantastic - it was just unfortunate that we had to rush out mid-eating one evening to chase the lights. The location is wonderfully picturesque and the walk to the frozen lake and fishing experience was second to none. The hot tub is not to be missed - drinking wine, soaking up the amazing views while your hair freezes is a once in a lifetime experience. Next time I will wear a hat! We would love to return in the summert time to see it all again in green.

Room Tip: Room E in Aurora has a double bed and space to move around - bettter than the rooms with bunk beds.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our little cottage on the slope tilted somewhat towards the fjord. Having ensured that it was stable enough, we could sleep soundly, though. The staff was friendly, although on one occasion I encountered a girl behind the counter who didn't understand my impeccable Norwegian, so I had to shift to English... We cooked our own meals, so I have no review of the restaurant facilities. WiFi free, though a little unstable. A perfect resting place on our (loong) way to Andenes whale watching. Driving in Norway is far from "as the bird flies"... Price, as generally in Norway, a little on the high side.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Guovnek
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Fabulous evening at this hotel- we started with a meal in a wooden Yurt-type structure which was blazing hot- Nigel & Ingavild were most hospitable. stayed on for drinks and then we had fireworks and then the Northern Lights turned up! all made better by Discover Arctic AS's super staff but I would happily stay at this venue. Drinks were expensive (but typicallly Norwegian prices) and I can not comment on the accomodation or what it is like if you are travelling independantly so I have had to give some credit to the travel company but no negatives about the place

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jacqui3744
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I can only speak as a camper, and I must say that the staff is anything but welcome. Condescending and unfriendly staff, overall. Do not expect even a unfriendly hello. The only reason I would stay here again, is because that it's too far to the next camp. For those not camping, I would rather choose Marmelkroken 20km (12 miles) up the road for excellent value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ecosse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Found this place during an over-long drive to Andenes, hungry and flagging.Mid-afternoon, having seen nothing else open for many kilometres, our expectations were limited, maybe a sandwich and coffee.. Hopes rising as we entered, fabulous location, immaculately clean, stylish interior, very friendly young man at desk. Yes, of course they can do food, he's not sure of all the options in English, so gets help from kitchen.It becomes clear we are being offered full-blown meals, joy! Choice made, we are sat in very attractive restaurant, immediate jug of water without asking (we did not find this a widespread practice in Norway), lots of information leaflets and artwork to look at while waiting - a wait that was apologised for , but soooo worthwhile. One of the best salmon dishes I have ever had- and we are from Scotland, and I pride myself on cooking a decent bit of salmon myself. Decent coffee after. The same impeccable and completely accommodating service was extended to a group of bikers who arrived while we were there, looking to camp and make dinner reservations.
So good we stopped for coffee and desserts on our drive back 2 days later, and just as good. I wish we could have stayed, the accommodation options look really good, as do the activities they offer. Definitely on the list for a return visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Tromso, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Møltebær til frokost (hand-picked!). Beers from oak rum barrels, and caramel and pear lager..which was just great with sopp risotto (ekte norske sopp). The "hytter" are superior, with all necessary to care for oneself. I was encouraged to langrenn-ski med ei gong....and had a really good 5 km...in snow and stillness (quiet!). Superb location, including the bobblebadet! And all at a rimelige pris! (I may soon become a local resident as I had a job interview in Risøyhamn which brought me "here"....) (and / but) the terrain in Buknesfjord is
a1 for ski orientering....and I hope I can "soon help with this"? The British owner is ex Military, and still young, with a Norske wife and family. Since I am en del extrovert...I like to socialize...and I was the only guest....and my privacy was respected (too much for me !) .., just fine for 90% + of guests! 1/ Come here! 2/ Make sure Nigel keeps "customers first"! (The only thing I needed (I have no laptop in Norway) was a Guest skjermet til internett.)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Risoyhamn
Sortland Hotell
#1 of 1 in Krakberget
Nyksund Ekspedisjonen
Nyksund Ekspedisjonen
#1 of 1 in Nyksund

Been to Andoy Friluftssenter? Share your experiences!