“Good, except the lizard”

Hampton Inn Waco North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lacy Lakeview
Salt Lake City, United States
“Good, except the lizard”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Hotel was good, as most hamptons are, but there was a lizard on the ceiling of my room, running around. Cute little guy though. Front desk did get me another room, right next door, but it was an inconvenience. And how that little guy got in there, and was hanging out on my ceiling, and how long, i have no idea. I was never offered a refund on the room or a reduced rate by the staff, and i wasn't going to ask for it either. I don't usually ask for that kind of stuff, i prefer the staff offer it. They're just doing a job, if they offer a discount or refund, that means the hotels policy is to train their people to do that.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Gus T.,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the failure in our extermination program.

The lizard in your room was probably one of our many geckos that central Texas is home to. However, a pest free environment is basic for a good stay, and I do want you to know that such an issue is not common at our property. I am sorry if that was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

I would also like to apologize for the issues you experienced with your in room A/C. Our maintenance team will be checking the unit in that room for proficiency and will make any repairs necessary as soon as they are discovered.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Hampton Inns seem generally reliable for the most part. While this location presented nothing fancy, the basics were all covered and the accomodations met all of the requirements for comfort. Coffee in the lobby, clean, a variety of breakfast choices, a computer/printer station, snacks for sale, lounge area, meeting tables, massage showers, mini-frige & microwave, wet bar, large TV screen, etc., were all provided. For a worry-free place to stay while in Waco, you will not likely go wrong choosing to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you so much for helping us spread the word about our hotel. We are truly glad you enjoy staying with us, and appreciate your kind comments. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Fabulous Hotel and the staff were very helpful and very accommodating. Breakfast was fabulous! Get there early if you want bacon :-) The quality of this hotel surpasses many of the others that I have stayed at this year. I have been traveling many places and stayed at several different hotel chains and I can only think of one that was almost as good,mainly because it was in Florida and we were able to eat breakfast outside by the pool! Great location!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for lodging with Hampton Inn Waco North. We appreciate the time you spent writing your thoughts about our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you were happy with your visit to our property and that our staff made your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for staying with Hampton Inn Waco North, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at this location while in Waco for a Baylor football game. Near campus (not walking distance) but right on the main highway through town.

Rooms were nice and clean ... and quiet. Air conditioner was a bit difficult to adjust with a dial vs. traditional thermostat but overall that was not a great issue. Breakfast selection was OK ... and overall a good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear David C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're glad to hear that your stay was quiet and accommodating. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Waco!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel in several months and have been blown away with the service both times. We called the hotel from the road tonight needing a room spur of the moment since our daughter got sick on our way to Horseshoe Bay and they got us a room (the same room we stayed in last time) and had the pack and play in the room ready to go when we arrived. They also greeted us in the lobby with our room already checked in and a bag of goodies to make us feel better after a tough drive in from Dallas. The hotel is super clean, very comfortable, and has everything one would need for a good nights rest. This hotel is a real value. Aryiel, the sales manager is so wonderful to work with. I am a meeting planner and stay in numerous hotels of all levels and am very particular where I stay. I give the Hampton Inn Waco North 2 Thumbs up and highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HamptonWacoNorth, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Waco North, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear SERINDFW,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our service! We very much appreciate the feedback, and it's great to know we're doing our jobs well! We're glad to hear we were able to accommodate you in what I'm sure was a stressful tip, and that our staff made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Waco, hopefully on better circumstances.
Waco, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Really classy hotel at a reasonable price. Great beds! Very clean, quiet, safe, and wonderful breakfast! Only a few minor things wrong, like a flickering light bulb and the cover on the AC was off... but those were very minor and they were very apologetic when I told them about it. Very nice front desk staff. Loved staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kristin R.,

I do appreciate you bringing the maintenance issues you experienced to our attention, so that we may fix them promptly.

Once again, thank you for staying with Hampton Inn Waco North, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
houston, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I love the Updates. The hotel looks new and fresh. It was a speedy check-in. I was asked which floor did I prefer which was a surprise. The Staff was very friendly. The room was wonderful. The breakfast was on par with some of the best hotels. Actually it was the best breakfast I've had a any hotel. The only downside was all of the bed pillows smelt bad. I did not report it because I arrived at the hotel after 1am and I was very sleepy so we slept without pillows. However the bed was very comfortable.

Dear Nicole R.,

I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced with the pillows. A fresh smelling room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay, and I apologize if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacy Lakeview
Comfort Suites Waco North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco
Best Western Plus Waco North
Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco North
Hotel Indigo Waco - Baylor

Been to Hampton Inn Waco North? Share your experiences!