Chateau De Codignat
US$120
US$51
US$52
US$48
All reviewsservice levelfirst floorcomfortable bedpool areamichelin starlong drivehalf waygreat funone night staywonderful foodspent the afternoonenjoying the viewevery respectcommon areas and roomsbeautiful groundschateaubath
Reviewed 3 September 2013

.excellent location in a medieval castle perfectly restored, rooms, facilities and park are wonderfully thought for the perfect relaxing and exciting holiday; the restaurant is the best I have ever tried in my life, the staff perfectly trained and sincerely kind, friendly and at complete disposal any time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband turn 40 this weekend and wanted to surprise him. We did not go to a romantic weekend as our kids were with us.
Basically the location is great and you have the feel to be in a castle. The suite was really kitch but this match with the environment.
We spent 2 nights in one of the best suite : Reine Victoria
The room was clean and big, but the bed was too soft and not had a great night, they should maybe change them.
Some of the personnel are nice and friendly and the others are snob, they make you feel somewhat different from others...eventhough they do not know you and where you are coming from or which family....
the Swimming pool area is nice and we had a good time there until a young couple (we are also young :-)) came in and did not support the kids and the noise of the kids....but this hotel does accept kids and everything is done for the kids which is good.
The restaurant is not what I appreciated the most as I am not a fan of Gastro cuisine as I am complicated with food, but my husband did enjoy it, so I guess for people liking gastro cuisine it is good.
I had a special request to the Chef to do a birthday cake and it was really good and great, thanks to the Chef.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yasmina R
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We came for the Michelin starred restaurant and were impressed with the luxurious warmth of the chateau. We found a welcoming staff, a beautiful room, a lovely dinner and a perfect continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelforfood1
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a great one night stay driving from The Channel to Provence. We arrived in the middle of their lunch service which threw the staff a bit but the welcome was warm. We spent the afternoon by the pool and enjoying the view. Dinner in September was served on the terrace and I recall as one of the nicest evenings I have spent. The cooking was more modern than I expected using traditional local ingredients. I would go back for the cheese board alone. Breakfast was simple but all of the elements were excellent. The staff were also very nice.

I probably agree with some of the comments about the internal decoration; a slightly 80s take on medieval but I did enjoy staying in a genuine chateau with 20th century conveniences.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

After driving from Paris on back roads to see the country side (took too long), we arrive a big weary. Not used to driving on the wrong side of the road in a manual! However, we were met warmly by a lovely receptionist who quickly made sure we felt at home. After a quick unpack we we went for a walk though the beautiful gardens overlooking French farmland. Our room was very large and every comfortable. It sat just beside a lovely drawing room on the first floor. The bathroom was gorgeous, but our room did not include a shower, only a large bath with shower handle. Not a problem me, but my husband was not thrilled. We dined at the restaurant which was situated in the bottom of one of the turrets with a huge fire place. Absolutely gorgeous. We chose to eat the degustation menu.... Absolutely delicious.... Couldn't fault it at all. Veal was the best my husband has ever eaten. He talked about it all day today!!! Wine and cheese we divine. Great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Wasn't keen on being attacked by the geese on our departure... But that is part of this hotels charm.

Room Tip: Would suggest to arrive with enough time to go for a walk down the grounds and the local roads. Must be glorious in summer with a pool and tennis court at your disposal
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple