“Nice place good food”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Nice place good food”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a lovely place to go for a romantic meal at very reasonable prices and good value. Service is excellent and I found the whole dining experience most relaxing. I would recommend you pay a visit.

England
“Still As Good As Ever”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

As I've said before, and I'll doubtless say again, The Atrion restaurant is a diamond amidst a slew of mediocre eateries in downtown Paphos.

The food, a mixture of traditional Cypriot and some international is outstanding, particularly when it comes to local food, their Moussaka is the best I've ever had. They still have a cracking set-menu for €14.95 - a ridiculous price in the best possible way for the customer - which is terrific value for money, even more so in these economic climes, and doesn't stint on the portions.

The ever charming Matheos continues to run the restaurant, sometimes with his his son, and suually aided by the ever affable Frank. As I have said previously the whole place exudes very friendly, relaxed vibe and Matheos, a true gentleman, cannot do enough to make your evening perfect.

Located in the sadly run-down Limnaria Shopping Centre opposite the Alexander the Great Hotel, it's not on the main thoroughfare so you need to be looking for it. At first glance the Limnaria Shopping Centre looks awful with closes shops and a run down feel, but don't be put off - when you walk through to the square in which the restaurant is located, you'll find an oasis - trees shade the area spendidly and add to the atmosphere, which is is always cosy and welcoming. The trees could do with a trim, though.

Make sure that you visit at least once - my bet is that you'll turn that into twice and more if you do...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank The_Doc99
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“Seek and you will find this little gem”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant for dinner for a number of years now, but have never written a review for it. In our opinion it is one of the best restaurants in Paphos. It’s located within the Limnaira Shopping Centre opposite the Alexander the Great hotel.
If you want a relaxing meal with an extensive menu this is the place to go in Paphos. The garden has lots of trees and fans to keep you cool. The service is great and the staff are friendly. After 7 years of visiting it is still our favourite restaurant and we always get a wonderful welcome from Matthew and his staff. Don't walk past on your way into town, stop and have a drink in the garden bar or try something from the menu you won't regret it

1 Thank TandMHDev
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Set back off the roadside in the shade, this is a lovely daytime stop out of the heat for a refreshing drink. My family and I have stopped here through the day on countless times over the years as we walk down to the harbour and love the atmosphere with its fish pond, fountain and trees all in a hidden little square opposite Alexander the Great hotel.

My fiancé and I decided to stop here for an evening meal on our last visit and were so glad that we did!

The appearance is beautiful with fairy lights among the trees and the lit up fountain. The welcome was warm, treated like old friends and the overall atmosphere was lovely.

Service was friendly and efficient and the food itself was beautiful. My fiance's Beef Stifado is possibly the best we have ever tried in Paphos! Beware though, the lasagne portion is enough for two people - gorgeous- but huge!

Our wine choice was recommended to us - and a good recommendation at that ad at the end of our meal, we were presented with a complimentary shot. A lovely touch!

Overall, the menu is varied, service is great, food is beautiful and price is reasonable.

I cannot believe we have visited this hidden gem so many times but only now dined there! This will be a regular stop for us going forward.

1 Thank J300lsx
Milan
“Relaxing meal.”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant for a number of years now, but have never written a review fot it, don't know why as it is one of the best restaurants in Paphos. Their Lamb Kleftico is the best I have taste, so is their dolmades. If you want good food, relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff then this is the place to go. A definite hidden gem.