“Relaxed, friendly, great atmosphere and good food.”
Review of Atrion

Atrion
Ranked #116 of 870 Restaurants in Paphos District
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Worth seeking out this hidden gem opposite the Alexander the Great Hotel.
Indoor or outdoor dining, formal or informal. Service is as quick as you want it - laid back Cypriot or catch the waiter's eye and ask, fast! Good selection of international foods well cooked and presented. Managed to get a well done steak (no blood whatsoever) that was still juicy and tender and the duck in orange sauce is delicious but you will need a good appetite to finish it! The bread rolls were the nicest I had in Paphos, The set menu is very good value for three courses.
I spent several weeks in Paphos and never tired of going to the Atrion. The owner and staff were very helpful and supportive after my mother was hospitalised and I will never forget their kindness.
If you go to the Atrion tell Frank, Mateos, Melina and Peter that Lynn said "Hi, see you again if I ever go back to Cyprus."

2  Thank Lynn S

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We visited here yesterday after walking past the menu on numerous days, so decided to go for a meal out despite being all inclusive.

The atmosphere, environment and overall ambience was perfect, lovely low-lit area with overhanging trees and pleasant music playing in the background.

For the starter I kept it safe and had the Prawn Cocktail which came in a nicely presented shell, yes... an actual shell! It was tasty as a seafood sauce and a few prawns can be.

However the Cod and Chips I had for the main was a tad lacklustre, the cod fillet was small and the chips were not homemade - nothing more than the usual fries you'd receive from your local KFC or Burger King. But nevertheless, it was adequate all the same, despite half the plate being acquired by unnecessary salad (probably to offset the lack of cod).

Dessert was a nice surprise, a large slice of chunky apple pie accompanied with ice cream, definitely made up for the small portion in the last course.

Overall it was a decent enough meal, the service was decent for the first part, but asking for the bill was a chore, over a 20 minute wait after asking the first time, but to be fair it did get busy with new diners so I guess they wanted to make them feel welcome. I would come back again, but maybe choose something different from the menu, again, the surroundings were lovely.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Very good place for a nice evening with good food.
You had to take a good look becausethe restaurant is hidden . You can't see it from the street.
Once you get inside you see a square a fountain en tables around it. Big trees and a lot of cosy lights
Friendly people serve your food

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great to return & find the quality of food & service has not changed after reading the last posting.
The quality of food was exceptional and my steak cooked perfectly, the service was great from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. There is an good menu on offer at reasonable prices especially the set menu which is exceptional value at 14.95.

Would recommend the Lamb Kleftico, never had lamb like it!!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Have visited the Atrion several times over the last few years and have always had a very good meal. However on the two occasions we visited recently we were very disapointed. The service was painfully slow and on one occasion the staff seemed more occupied with a group of women than the rest of the customers. It took us over one hour to be served the main course and twenty minutes wait before the plates were taken away. Needless to say we did not order a dessert .I had asked for french mustard to accompany my steak, I saw the waiter fill a small pot with mustard which he brought to the table placed half a teaspoon of mustard on my plate then took the rest away. By the way the steak was very tender but even with the addition of the small amount of mustard I was given and salt it was tasteless. The only member of staff who is worth a mention is Frank the greeter who was very friendly and helpful.