“Superior Radisson”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orasac
Hong Kong, China
“Superior Radisson”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've now been to the Radissons in Malta and this one outside of Dubrovnik is by far the best with the most impressive facilities as well as amenities. We were dropped off by our bus enroute from the Split/Mostar road before reaching Dubrovnik, very handy to ask for the dropoff if you come from the north. We enjoyed a "clean up" night the very last night of our 5 week Balkan adventure/backpacking trip. The upgrade to a suite was amazing and unexpected.

The pools are great (with 3 of them!) and the spa section was a little piece of heaven for us when a thunderstorm raged the sea on our 2nd day.

Minor note 1: I forgot my shirt in the wardrobe and it mysteriously vanished within hours but I was compensated for it (through Club Carlson points).
Minor note 2: the hotel has outsourced its shuttle service and those ladies seemed more stressed and less friendly than the hotel staff

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
It was a pleasure to have you visit us, and thank you for your excellent feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit in our award winning Spa. I have meet with the Manager of the shuttle service in regards to your feedback.

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Estepona, Spain
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfect for business and pleasure with a fantastic location at the sea, many pools and sport facilities and very very good meeting facilities. The staff is really well trained and attentive so a stay there for meetings is a real pleasure. The rooms are of a high class and the breakfast and lunches too.
Can be recommended 100%

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your excellent feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay 100% as outlined in your review; I had noted your comment that all staff are well trained and attentive.

We do have one of the best meeting venues in Dubrovnik and Croatia, the resort has held large group of over 1,000 for car launches, fashion show and small meeting for 20 persons.

Stockholm
Reviewed 11 November 2013

On the plus account - amazing view, nicely kept gardens. The cleanliness of the spa and rooms. The helpful staff and their kindness. washing up! The resort also has an excellent sports club with some of the activitys included.. For a sporty families it,s a bless.

Our visit was at the end of the season and lots of the restaurants were closed. Pricey alternatives were the hotels restaurants.Resort shop very empty so needed to buy stuff when in Dubrovnik. A rental car comes in handy if you like to explore the surrondings In the off season bring lote of reading material. Love the free Wi Fi

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Phayao13
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
It was a pleasure to have you visit us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to the resort. Thank you for your feedback that the sports facilities are excellent, we do have one of the best sports centers of any hotel in Dubrovnik with a basketball court, 3 tennis courts a squash court and a mid size soccer field to name a few.

We do offer free Wi fi in the whole resort to all guests.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed in the residence which was immaculate but found the food and drinks uncomfortably expensive. Pools were all fab but no snack bar and with the bakery being shut no chance of a lunch time munch! Also too far out of dubrovnik. I like to go for a walk to explore the surrounding area but no chance of this staying at this hotel! I wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
It was a pleasure to have you visit us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you residence apartment was immaculate, during Nov we do offer 4 tranfers downtown for only 5 Euro each way.

london
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Large complex about 25 mins out of Dubrovnik on the coat side of the Dub - Zagreb main road (no pavement, don't even think about walking next to it) - absolutely nothing else around unless you use infrequent local buses, hotel minibus or have a hire car. If you want to get about and about don't stay here.Lovely gardens, lawns, pools and spa facilities shared by guests of both the residential and hotel accommodation. We stayed in the hotel, so can't comment on the residential/self catering accommodation.
The hotel room had a myriad of small annoying flaws which were enough to be a major annoyance in the end (example - wall between bedroom and bathroom is glass, so if anyone gets up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, the bedroom is also flooded with light {even with hessian screen on)]. The aircon is poor - we had maintenance services adjust the set point until it got "as good as it gets" - I suspect they know the system is poor at the extremes of the building.
Breakfast is a buffet affair, with good and plentiful choice.
Eating and drinking in the evening is a different matter though. You can either go into Dubrovnik using the hotel minibus, but the last one back is 9pm, so not much use really, or use taxis at 200Kn (£23 each way) OR you can eat at the hotel, where there are 5 restaurants. We ate in 3 of them, the pizza/pasta place was fine, the fish restaurant poor and the steak place not a lot better. There's a buffet place (breakfast room) which we didn't fancy, and a fine dining restaurant with one of the most pretentious looking menus I've ever seen anywhere. The main issue is the prices though - 240Kn (£27) gets you the cheapest bottle in the whole complex, and it is indifferent red plonk. 130Kn for a pizza, 250Kn for a bit of Harvester quality rib-eye, 600Kn for a kg of not very fresh looking sea bass etc etc. I felt that the hotel knew we were a captive audience, and were charging unashamedly.
There is only one (!) bar in the whole place (unless there is one in the tennis centre, which we didn't visit) - 150ml Croatian white wine - 85Kn, 500ml local draught beer 55Kn, and not even a saucer of nuts or olives to go with them.
Finally, if you're expecting access to the Club Floor and Roof terrace, check whether they're going to be open - they both shut on 21 Sept this year as it was "end of season" (!).
This is not a 5 star resort by any means, but they certainly charge like one.

Room Tip: Hotel is v-shaped, so you get sun in the morning (low numbers), or afternnon (high numbers). Make su...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank oscillator
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you for your feedback.

We do offer a shuttle bus and boat service in Sep, 6 various times per day to the old city as you are aware this is only 5 Euro per trip one way for the bus. We do try and keep this price as low as possible, given the 20 min trip each way.

The club floor is open only till the 21st Sep each year this is clearly outline on both the Radisson Blu and our own Dubrovnik Sun Gardens web site.

I had noted your comment on prices in our restaurants, as you are aware we have a total of five restaurants in Sep each priced at different levels and each to fit various budgets and tastes the largest choice of any five star Hotel / Resort in Dubrovnik. The seafood restaurant from 18 Euro for a main fillet of fish to as you had outlined 1 kg whole Snapper for two persons. A Pizza in our Italian restaurant from 10 Euro or a U.S Sirloin Steak 300 Grams from 20 Euro in our Butchers Grill. I do apologies that you did not find the choice for your taste during your stay in our restaurants and had a negative experience.

I do hope to welcome you back

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom residence for three nights towards the end of October. The apartment was beautifully furnished with lots of space for our 2 year old daughter to run around (a cot was put in the main bedroom and it did not make the room feel small). We paid c12 euros each morning for the buffet breakfast and contrary to some reviews we thought the breakfast selection was superb with plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, cheeses etc to choose from. We really enjoyed our stay but would warn families with younger children that certain areas of the hotel might not be particularly child-safe eg there was a water feature running around the spa area that a young child might quite easily walk into - we also did not use our push chair in the resort as there were too many steps to navigate from our apartment (block 1) to the pool areas. The resort felt very empty in October (most of the residences were unoccupied and the kids club was closed as were several restaurants including the pizza/pasta place) however the quietness could be considered as a plus if you were simply looking for a tranquil place to stay. In terms of sightseeing etc - we stayed in Dubrovnik old city for the first few days of our holiday and would suggest that having a two centre type break such as ours would give you the best of both worlds without having to hop onto buses / taxis etc.

Room Tip: Tip 1 : If you have breakfast every day you get charged 12 euros per day rather than 25 euros Tip2...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SadiaK674
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
It was a pleasure to have you visit us, and thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to the resort, thank you for your feedback that you thought the breakfast selection was superb. I will pass on your feedback to the front office team that you enjoyed the one bedroom apartment.

edinburgh
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Without writing war and peace this hotel is stunning, i'd go back in a heart beat. Once there I had a list of lovely spa treatments. To be honest this was the sole reason I hunted this aegean gem out and believe me I was not disappointed. The place was beautiful tho I did think potentially it wasn't an ideal place for children as I saw a few potential safety issues in the name of style which was fine for me. Anyway great food, magic cocktails and brilliantly executed treatments. Could imagine it would be perfect for a grown up girls long weekend. Especially since the spa won 'Best Luxury Hotel Spa' which could quiet easily of the world.

Though that tag is impressive the showers lacked privacy and anywhere to hang your towel while in the shower inside. Thus you don't win the best spa on that basis alone as I don't expect to feel exposed or put my towel on a wet floor. Shame it spoiled it a little for me.

Summary awesome place, could have been perfect, might be next time if I go back.
Friendly staff, stylish hotel and clean everywhere.

Room Tip: I wasn't a resident so I can't help tho I did have a noisy and this place looks the business
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
RadBluDub, General Manager at Sun Gardens Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 6 November 2013

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit in our award winning Spa, I had noted your comment in regards to the shower area we are in the progress of making changes to address the issues.

I do hope to welcome you back one day soon, with your group of girlfriends for that long weekend

mario.stanic@radissonblu.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orasac
Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel
#2 of 67 in Dubrovnik
Royal Princess Hotel
Royal Princess Hotel
#3 of 67 in Dubrovnik

Been to Sun Gardens Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!