If you google meaning of word wannabe you will find out that wannabe is a pejorative for a person who wishes to be or do something, but lacks the qualifications or talent.
That is exactly what I think about this hotel, it could be nice 5 star hotel but ...... lacks the qualifications or talent; put it in my opinion in 3-4 star category - definitely not 5 star.
Hotel and resort are really nice, rooms are nice and modern and all room in main building has sea view and balcony. Residential villas are also great but they could be far away from main hotel building and with many stairs to climb so in off season when you mostly use hotel's facilities (indoor pool, spa, breakfast ....) main building is must have (just my 2cents). In summer time when you use outdoor pools and beach on sea it could be nice to have this residence with kitchen and possibility to cook. On side bars and restaurants are pricey and we didn’t try them because we had car and many option for eating in nearby area.
We were there in beginning of May and this is start of high season in Dubrovnik. All outdoor pools where closed - they claimed that one is opened but condition of that pool was not acceptable. Pool was dirty, but not dirty from using it, dirty from not cleaning it properly after winter time - not acceptable in 5 star hotel. On terrace in front of indoor pool there was heavy mechanization in operations and starting their job from 7:00AM - absolutely not acceptable in 5 star hotel in May. Gardener was cutting grass in front of pool (of course with heavy noisy machine) in 11:00AM when pool was full of people and you couldn’t talk to anybody because of noise - not acceptable in 5 star hotel. SPA area is OK but nothing special - few saunas and few showers (some of them where broken) and one cold pool. Overall cleanness of SPA area was not perfect - definitely not 5 star level. Indoor pool and whirlpool are good but again we found lack of hygiene (green and black "fungi") - also not acceptable in 5 star hotel . We had breakfast in price and breakfast is really good, actually choice of food and quality of food is excellent, but (unfortunately here is again some but..) but quality of service on breakfast is not on 5 star level. There were not enough stuff (only one chef cooked eggs ...), long waiting for coffe and ambient of restaurant itself is average. We were in group of four and every day we were sited on table for 6 with two other peoples - again not acceptable in 5 star hotel.
All in all this hotel is really nice, place is wonderful and it could be easy real 5 star but because of not properly qualified staff, and poor organization and cleaning service this is just as title say: Wannabe 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a privileged location just steps away from a picturesque beach, resort offers wide array of rooms, suites and residences. With its award winning 3500 m2 Spa, large Sport center, beach, 3 outdoor pools and marina, conference facilities it's designed for ultimate luxury holiday experience. Gourmet heaven is the only way to describe the dining options at this five-star Adriatic Sea hotel. Guests are spoilt for choice with a fabulous array of restaurants, poolside eateries, bars and a unique Market Place concept, serving up delicious international and local dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sun Gardens Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens Hotel Dubrovnik
- Radisson Blu Resort And Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubrovnik Riviera
- Sun Gardens Dubrovnik Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia