My husband and I stayed here 2 – 10 July. The hotel is amazing (only 5 years old) and the location is stunning – it is around 20 minutes outside of Dubrovnik – we hired a car for the time we were there – if you don’t the hotel can provide you with the details of a their car service for airport runs (which you pay for) and there is a shuttle bus and boat service (which you pay for) into Dubrovnik a couple of times a day.
We had a standard room but it was very spacious, nice and clean. Comfortable bed, great bathroom, plenty of storage and a huge sea-view balcony where we enjoyed perfect views out across the Adriatic. The hotel grounds are lovely (note that there are quite a lot of steps which can be hard work in the heat!) – spread out over a large area including a ‘market street’ with restaurants, shops, hairdressers etc. There is a supermarket on site – we were led to believe that it was very expensive but we found it to be very reasonable - similar to supermarkets outside of the resort.
We tried several of the restaurants: ‘La Pasta’ – lovely Italian food – you can’t go wrong here – it’s all good and the service is great. ‘Cilantro’ – a Mediterranean/seafood restaurant – lovely food – a bit more on the expensive side (surely the fish is locally caught so doesn’t need to be so pricey?) but again, lovely food and good service. Finally, we went to ‘Ban’ which is not really part of the hotel – it’s a privately owned house right in the middle of the hotel grounds – you need to book and select your menu before 5pm as they slow cook everything in their amazing brick grill/oven – needless to say the food is amazing, especially the fish. We had breakfast in ‘Origami’ (full buffet) every day – great selection of food – great to get a seat outside.
There are three pools at the hotel – two for families and one for adults which is where we spent some time. Lovely pool but the setting is amazing with the sunbeds all facing the sea – beautiful. No problem to get a sunbed at any time of the day – lovely quiet space with a good bar – we tried the cocktail of the day most days too – lovely! It’s worth noting that we visited outside of school holidays so the hotel was relatively quiet – I am certain that when the schools are on holiday this hotel will be packed which means booking restaurants and getting to the pools early will be required!
Overall we loved our stay at this hotel and wouldn’t hesitate to return should we find ourselves holidaying in Croatia again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying a privileged location just steps away from a picturesque beach, resort offers wide array of rooms, suites and residences. With its award winning 3500 m2 Spa, large Sport center, beach, 3 outdoor pools and marina, conference facilities it's designed for ultimate luxury holiday experience. Gourmet heaven is the only way to describe the dining options at this five-star Adriatic Sea hotel. Guests are spoilt for choice with a fabulous array of restaurants, poolside eateries, bars and a unique Market Place concept, serving up delicious international and local dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sun Gardens Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens Hotel Dubrovnik
- Radisson Blu Resort And Spa At Dubrovnik Sun Gardens
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubrovnik Riviera
- Sun Gardens Dubrovnik Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia