- Excellent service
- Beautiful surroundings
- Well kept property
- Nice pool area
- Slight 80s interior just adds to the charm and ambience of the hotel
- Tennis raquets and balls can be borrowed for free (paved private tennis court)
- Nice bathroom
- Excellent cleaning of rooms
- Good base for outings in the area.
- Lovely bar area
- Did I say excellent service? :-)
- No wi-fi until end of our three day stay. In 2014 a reliable and fast internet service should be a given.
- Very hard and uncomfortable beds and pillows (probably the hardest of all hotels I have stayed in ever (could the beds be old?)
- No aircondition in the room, just a fan in the ceiling with one low setting (this could be ok if the beds were comfortable, which they weren't).
- Very expensive breakfast (better off driving 5 minutes to Aups centre and buying some groceries at the local shop and baguettes at the boulangerie, and then having a picnic in the back garden or at a rest stop somewhere in the beautiful surrounding area.
A special thanks to Dominique for outstanding service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Is Guarded By The Ancient Olive Trees Of Its 10 Acres Of Land. Overlooking The Valley This Residence Is Dedicated To Breaks Of The Body And Spirit. Antique Furniture, Engravings And Paintings Of The Family Surround This Countryside Bastide With A Warm And Convivial Atmosphere. 100% Non Smoking Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HRS so you can book your La Bastide du Calalou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Bastide Du Calalou Hotel Moissac-Bellevue
- La Bastide Du Calalou Aups
- La Bastide Du Calalou France/Moissac-Bellevue