“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tourgeville
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights when the snow was on the ground, even so, the room was as warm as toast.
The bed was comfortable, and large for a French hotel. The room had a large bathroom with tub and shower.
The staff were friendly, and the food in the bar was good. Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Lost inside a huge piece of untouched nature, this country club is a place where you can feel the value of getting away for some time. The buildings are rather old but it only adds authentic flavor to the place, and of course all facilities were renewed at some point. Parking with Porsches and Range Rovers says enough about people staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Superb large room and lovely gardens to walk around and in an excellent location close to Deauville. We were upgraded to a ground floor suite with private terrace so very spacious. Excellent cleanliness standards and charming staff. Restaurant has a lovely ambience and decor with attentive staff although some of the dishes did not really live up to expectations.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the suites in the annexes as very spacious and well equipped.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
New York, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This spa resort is lovely. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well appointed. The staff is friendly and helpful; and the pool and grounds are really nice. We will definitely return - hopefully in summer when we will be able to use the private terrace as well as the grounds.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Having driven through France on what was the busiest travel day of the year, I spent 2 hours trying to find a hotel - yes, they were all fully booked. Finally, a hotel in Deauville phoned through to 'Les Manoirs' for me and said they had a room. At gone 11pm I would have settled for anywhere but asked them to reserve the room for me. It cost Euros 260:00.

I then arrived 10 minutes later and could not quite believe what I was seeing. The reception man led me to my 'room' - which was the lower floor of one quarter of a traditional French circular building set in the grounds. It was actually more like a small flat, with bedroom, bathroom (wet room inside), seperate WC and sitting room, which was complete with sofa, chairs, coffee table etc.

At that time of night I was not interested on exploring any further, but what I had was quite brilliant. Everywhere was clean, very well looked after and very well maintained. There were even two massive flatscreen TV's in my accomodation. I managed to get free wifi access on my iPad, whether I was entitled to I don't know!

The following morning having had a restful night, I ventured into the dining room for breakfast. The breakfast was way above average for a French hotel buffet style - it had the usual cold meats, cheeses, pastries, breads etc, as well as hot scrambled egg and bacon - all served in a well presented dining area. Best of all was that fresh smoked salmon was also on the platter. I was tempted to take some away for lunch but thought better of it.

However, there has to be a negative point as well, as nothing is perfect. From walking into my room, I was troubled by three flies who either wanted to eat or befriend me. No matter where I went, they followed, and when I tried to set them free by opening a door into my private garden (yes, each room in my buiiding has it's own garden!) it was joined by a mate. This is probably something that could be sorted quite easily.

Having stumbled across this hotel quite by accident and whilst desperate, I was pleased I had. It has what I felt was a 'country club' feel to it - in the car parks were Jaguars, BMW's, even a Maserati. I say this to give a feel of the kind of clientelle.

I would definately go back here if I am in this area of France again.

Room Tip: Not enough information known to make a helpful point here.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Brussels
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My family and stayed for a long weekend in Les Manoirs. It was the perfect stay. Calm, quality environment, friendly/helpful staff and excellent food. The kids loved the swimming pool and the whole place was just what we needed. I think this is the first 5 star rating I have given on Tripadvisor, so that says it all really!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AndyBrussels
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We booked this vacation for some rest following a major relocation. We enjoyed the peaceful and beautiful surroundings in the countryside yet close to the Deauville coast. We had the best of both worlds....quiet relaxation and a resort town 10 minutes away. The staff were helpful, well educated and very accommodating, very nice. The rooms were big with a livingroom and bathroom and shower downstairs and the huge bedroom upstairs. Clean and well kept.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tourgeville
Hotel Barriere L'Hotel du Golf Deauville
Hotel Barriere Le Normandy Deauville
Hotel Barriere Le Royal Deauville
Augeval Hotel
Augeval Hotel
#4 of 27 in Deauville
Cures Marines Trouville Hotel Thalasso & Spa
Cures Marines Trouville Hotel Th...
#2 of 15 in Trouville-sur-Mer
Hotel les bains de Cabourg

Been to Les Manoirs de Tourgeville? Share your experiences!