“Great Service, Good Hotel”

Tanza's Oasis Hotel and Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tanza
Manila, Philippines
“Great Service, Good Hotel”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Thank you for my friend who recommended this hotel. I have travelled far and I am tired when I came at this hotel. The security guards are awesome for greeting me like I am very welcomed and I saw that they are very happy to see guests entering the hotel. They greet in a different way, they bow and smile while they greet you. I have inquired at the reception and they have provided me all the information that I need. They have shown me the rooms and I may say that the rooms are big enough and all my expectations in a hotel room are met. From the room, I saw their beautiful swimming pool! its huge and clean. On the side the pool there is a Bar and the bartenders are awesome, they are very hospitable. The restaurant is elegantly designed and as I see that it is a fine dining restaurant. The food is great and they have served it on time. They told me that soon they will open another restaurant which is Shang Garden Chinese Cuisine. I will be back to experience their Chinese food! I saw that an elevator is currently under construction. I have observed that the hotel hosts events, the door was open on their function room and it seems that their events are well decorated, the linens in the table looks very elegant and their buffet table was looks good with lights and designs.

Tanza must be proud that they have this kind of hotel within their municipality.

I am recommending this hotel and I will be back with my family this Summer.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the swimming pool!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank The Asian T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I came here along with my officemates for overnight lodging on a business trip.

Getting there makes one think what is there to do around the area. There is not much to see at least on the roads leading to the hotel. The lobby took out much of the uncertainty. It is neat. Classy. The room is wonderfully spacious. Wifi is great.

I don’t mind the climb but 3 floors up by stairs can be a chore if you’re on vacation in a classy looking layout of a hotel. Going around the place, I can see that the pool looks great. Sadly trunks were not included in my overnight bag and I didn’t try it. There is a big space out back with a basketball court and enough for volleyball.

Out in the beach there are a lot of huts to hang out in but then would you take a dip in the water? Cavite isn’t famous for beaches anymore.

Overall Tanza Oasis is a decent place to be in, nice, quiet, clean. But then what would you do? On that note I will have to concur with the observation of the others that this is a great place for company events; if you want the staff to focus and be on vacation at the same time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank igmegalingan
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

My family and I spend fathers day last week.Hotel location was far from the city proper...make sure you aready have all the things that you need before entering the resort.
Hotel lobby-was huge and has a modern design and interiors.
Room-was very spacious but we have experience AC was not cooling in the beginning and telephone line issue that has been fixed asap.Found also dead coacroach on the table.
Swimming pool-was actually bigger in website photo compare to actual size.The beach was very dirty.
Restaurant-we actually experience inconsistently and staff need to be given training on giving discount on senior citizen.We stayed very long waiting for our bill as it was calculated wrongly.Buffet breakfast was normal..nothing special and limited choices!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank 11Kristy11
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The resort is exclusively for members only. However we can use the pool. The beach is not good for me because it looks like a Manila Bay. We sleep here but we're not able to sleep well. We only sleep at a Nipa house, no beds and no pillows. Lot of mosquitoes and it's very disappointed. Location is good we enjoy the pool but not the beach that much. We never recommend this place to anyone since the hotel can only be used for those people who are members of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cess19

Travellers are raving about these Tanza hotels

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Tanza Oasis five or six times in the past year, for between 3 and 5 nights each time; my experience has been consistent across all the stays. Each stay cost approx 3500php per night (standard room, no breakfast included). At this price the Tanza Oasis is great value (I'm from the UK). However, to set expectations, this is a budget hotel with a great swimming pool, thats about it. Here are some key points I've noted:

Check-in is always frustratingly slow, where even if no-one else is waiting it still takes 15 minutes. But top hotels I have stayed at in Manila have been similar so I assume it is a Philippine thing. Staff are polite and friendly but I wouldnt say helpful or knowlegeable.

The room is a good size and clean.. Air conditioning has been strong/cold apart from one stay but I dont keep it on all the time anyway, eg turn it off at night.

The room amenities always includes 2 x toothbrush and soap but other items like shampoo, conditioner, shaving kit seem to depend on the mood of the cleaning person! I always bring my own amenities so this is not a problem for me. The shower design means that the entire bathroom floor is usually flooded, so it is easy to use up the thin towels provided. The TV set is small and quite a distance from the bed, so do not plan any cozy TV night. There is an empty fridge. Water is supposed to be available via dispensers in the corridor but on all visits these have been empty throughout - so make sure to stop and get bottled water and other in room snacks/drinks before arriving at the hotel.

Wi-fi has worked intermittently over the various stays. Each time the staff tell me "Sorry Sir!" but thats all they can do. I suspect the problem is a capacity issue that means the network can only support a certain number of concurrent connections, rather than a technical problem per se.

The swimming pool is the standout feature of the hotel. It is large, safari themed, with a young kids area and older kids side with waterslides. If you have children in the 2yrs to 12yrs age they will love the pool.

There is also a 'private' beach with many Kubo (bamboo beach huts) which I think are for rent. The beach sand is raked clean each day but the water can look very dirty with garbage in it. People from the next door village are able to walk into the 'private' beach but do not cause any problem. Also, they happily swim in the water so it must be ok.

I have only tried the food in the restaurant a couple of times. There was a large selection of Philippine food and what I had was good but it was expensive in context of the room cost - say about 500php for breakfast for two. If you're adventurous, there is a new village cafe just outside the main entrance which serves beer/food much cheaper.

In summary, if you have a young family this is a great place for one or two nights. Bring your own drinks and snacks and maybe extra towels for the pool. You'll have a great time.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank speaktothemanager
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our company booked the place for 3D/2N last December. The rooms are big enough for 3 people to fit in although the third person will be sleeping on a cot.

They have hot showers and cable tv. The pool is nice as well. They have a large function room for our big meetings and some break out rooms for smaller gatherings.

They also have a ballroom where we had our dinner/dance social in the evening. They even allowed us to conduct our team building games within their vicinity.

The only downside was that the beach was not very clean, but maybe because we went there during the off peak season that's why the water was kinda murky.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Cebu
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed here overnight for a company outing/teambuilding. Upon arrival, we immediately noticed that there were a lot of other large groups who were there ahead of us. And many more were still scheduled to come.

The place is really aiming to target large groups for conference/outing, etc... Their function rooms has complete amenities for large group conferences. However, the sound proofing of the function rooms is not that effective. We can hear the loud music coming from the next function rooms, wherein our speaker has had to pause many times due to the noise distraction.

The food is great. It tastes good, but the serving is a little small. It could be because the servers were trying to save food for it to reach the last person in line. I'm not sure. However, coffee is overflowing. Purified water is everywhere. Even at the hallways going to the rooms.

We stayed at a deluxe room, which is great for a group of 4 pax, with 2 large double beds. They have an LCD TV screen with cable, a couch overlooking the view (which is really relaxing if coming from busy Manila). Their bathroom is spacious enough, with a bathtub, hairdryer, toiletries, etc... They also have free coffee inside the room.

Their jungle themed swimming pool has 2 slides - one for kids, another for adults. The bridge divides the pool from the deep and shallow one but its actually just a single big pool. The design of the pool, with plants on the sides for cooler shades, makes you want to take a dip instantly. Specially if you see their beach. It is not so clean, dark dirty sand and the water is full of jellyfish (or maybe only during that time when we visited). They also have a basketball and volleyball court. For day trippers using the beach, they have native cottages in beachfront.

If you come here to relax and get a peace of silence, I would not recommend this resort. Its really busy and buzzing with people due to a lot of large groups. But this is really highly recommended if you come here with friends, work colleagues, etc...

Room Tip: Get one on the 2nd floor, since they do not have elevator. You have to climb all the way. Room facin...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank chickmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanza
Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park
#1 of 1 in Rosario
Canyon Cove Beach Club
Canyon Cove Beach Club
#2 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to Tanza's Oasis Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!