Riverside Hotel
US$127
TripAdvisor
Hotel zum Lowen(Jestetten)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe riverbowling alleynice locationsteakmeeting rooms areairportbusinessriversidegymmiddlecountrysideeventconferencecompanysmellsitedishes
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Rooms and seminar facilities are perfect.
Internet speed is ok, however very annoying to re-assign every time adter you switched off your device.
Despite full telephone set-up in rooms unable to make outside calls.
A big negative is the disgusting smell of the close-by composting area.
I really don't see the added value of a town to allocate such place close to a hotel.
The close-by husky dog kennel is not a joy at 06.00 in the morning,
Howling like in Alaska.
Food during breaks and lunch/dinner were ok.
Classic car museum inside the premise is cool, nice place for an apero.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We had a two day seminar in this hotel and it seems to be very popular for that, as there were two other seminars at the same time. They have numerous rooms so we didn't get into each others way at all.

The hotel room itself was very new, modern and clean. I really enjoyed it! They serve a nice fresh and healthy breakfast. The restaurant is also very nice in the evening, especially if weather permits sitting outside. There is also a bowling alley, in case you are looking for a leisure time activity.

Staff was courteous, a pleasent stay from the beginning until the end. I would definitely recommend this hotel for seminars or if you plan any activity in this area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed at that hotel for two nights. We were four - seniors and two grand children and had a three beds room to make our stay cheaper. The room was big and quiet comfortable and since it was quiet cold we had no problem with gnats. The big problem was the bathroom which was a glass room with partial curtains so one could see into it whenever the door was passed - big problem in a mixes company/
The hotel was almost empty and we had no problem with service in the restaurant, The food was tasty but much more expensive than France or Germany. The was no great choice since only one restaurant was working and no other place nearby.
The best thing was it was very close the Rhine Falls and to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Stayed for one night before my flight to San Francisco departing Zurich Airport. Left my car in the hotel for 3 weeks which was cheaper than airport parking and took the shuttle to the airport ....

Nice hotel, rooms are nicely done and newly build into an old textile mill ... heard the river in my room and slept perfectly. Hotel is clean and staff was very friendly.

They have a nice outdoor deck and garden close to the river, unfortunately I couldn´t have a beer there as it was raining, but I tried one of the indoor restaurants and it was great.

Very recommendable place for business, transfer to airport, though a bit far from the city for tourists without car.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My first review here - but I had to warn unwary travelers, do NOT stay here. Despite being expensive, this hotel is uncharming (gross 80s decorating), uncomfortable (hot and, because there are no screens on the windows, filled with gnats and mosquitos drawn to the nearby river), and has the absolute WORST service I have ever experiences in my life. I was here for three days, and I have never had so many unpleasant and bizarre service interactions in the rest of my life combined. Some examples: one evening I came down for a late supper and waited for 15 minutes before flagging one of the many passing waitresses to ask to order. She said that she would come right over, but I waited another 10 minutes before flagging another waitress who actually did take my order. She then returned and informed me that the kitchen had just closed. And the place wasn't even busy! My keycard to the room also stopped working, like clockwork, every morning after breakfast, and had to be replaced. In the small cafe where they serve breakfast the waitress would not let us sit at any of the tables in the shade, only the ones in the sun. When we asked why, she explained that those tables (which were set the same way and, apart from not being in the hot sun, were physically indistinguishable) were reserved for lunch. It was 9am!! When I politely suggested that there would be time for us to sit down and have the area cleared well before lunch, she became rude. Apparently an outrageous suggestion. It was consistently impossible to find waitresses and staff, impossible to get what you wanted in a reasonable time (and this was not a real business trip for me, I was in no hurry), and impossible to get anything that you wanted once you did find them. I've never had so much trouble getting a check for a meal as I did for these three days!
I wont go into more detail about the decorating, but I did want to spare a sentence for the incredible horrific stools sitting in every corridor - they were shaped like a man's body from the waist to the knees. yuck. and they were made of white plastic and black fur! double yuck!
The only redeeming feature about this hotel is that it sits on a lovely river, close enough to hear the water running from the restaurant and possibly from some of the front rooms. It was nice to walk along the path beside the river. But otherwise this was, hands down, the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in, and I cannot believe that it was the most expensive of my trip! Take my advice and stay away!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business