All reviews overlooking the harbour tall ship bistro menu spa bath fish pie fantastic location the pub eden project scallops st austell brewery rashleigh arms great room no lift one night stay short break high standard well worth a visit
Reviewed 4 January 2019

I visited the Pier House 4 times during the festive period for lunch and coffee after a dog walk. It's the perfect place to enjoy food and a drink with your four legged friend. The staff are well trained, friendly and efficient. I ate there on one occasion and had the veggie curry which was tasty. My friends had various other dishes that all looked equally as nice. Good food portions.
On New Years day we popped to the Pier house for cheesy chips which were just what we needed to help cure a hangover, the portion size is well worth the money!
My only slight negative comment would be that during one visit the lady making coffee (who was clearly stressed) was abrupt however the other lady who delivered our coffees was very friendly and made up for it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
StAustellManagement, Manager at The Pier House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2019

Thank you Amy for your 5* review and for visiting so much over the Christmas/New Year period. We are so pleased you enjoyed your experiences with us and that the cheesy chips did the job! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed on new yes night and couldn't have been happier. We were charmed by the pretty cove with pirate ships and welcomed by a lovely lady at reception. Our room was clean warm and had everything we needed. We had drinks putside on the gorgeous terrace,ate lighter meals in the cosy bar , and enjoyed a fab breakfast before we left. All the staff were extremely helpful and polite, we loved it

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank thePBgnome
StAustellManagement, Manager at The Pier House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Many thanks for the 5* review! Charlestown is beautiful, we are so lucky with our location. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you pop back in and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2018

Decided not to cook this year so my son and I booked in for Christmas lunch at the Pier House Hotel. At £70.00 for a four-course meal it wasn't cheap, but not extortionate either.

It was worth it. After a scallops and prawn starter, I then had a traditional turkey dinner followed by Christmas pudding. Fabulous. Could not fault it. My son had opted for pork loin followed by lemon tart. It was great to have a choice and they had a veggie option too. There were plenty of beautifully roasted potatoes, parsnips plus a choice of four other vegetables.

The staff were smiling, friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble considering they had a full restaurant. There was time between the main course and the dessert to have a walk along Charlestown's beautiful harbour and along the beach.

We then took the fourth and final course - peite fours and coffee - in 'the snug', sitting in comfy armchair looking out over the bay as the tide came.

No hesitation in booking in for next year if I'm going to be in Cornwall.

Room tip: Only went for Christmas lunch, not a hotel stay
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Fliss Z

Thank you so much Fliss for taking the time to leave us a review and for choosing to join us for your Christmas Lunch this year. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your meal and will pass on your kind words to the rest of the staff. We hope to see you again soon and wish you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 17 December 2018 via mobile

Cracking little bar a stones throw from the harbour. I’ve stayed here before and was lucky enough to bag the front room overlooking the harbour, that would be my preference , the rear rims are cozy but can be affected by the kitchen fans

Lovely meals here, nothing too fact , just good pub grub with a good ale

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GedSouthampton
StAustellManagement, Manager at The Pier House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2018

Thank you for the lovely review. We are very lucky to have the harbour right on our doorstep! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2018

I was pleasantly surprised at the new decor and rearrangement of the rooms, the bar has been extended into what was the lower dining room. I can see that past visitors may feel that it does not have the same charm as before but I liked it. There are still the fantastic views over the harbour.
I went with a friend for lunch and enjoyed a small cod and chips, lovely light batter and plenty for me. The service was good , we were offered water with our meal before we had a chance to ask. There is a big menu and about 4 specials. I thought it was a bit expensive but no more than many of the eating places in Cornwall.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda G

Thank you Linda for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so pleased you like our new look and the food! We hope you come back to visit us again soon.