“The fabulous Trieste & Victoria Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria

Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Abano Terme
London, United Kingdom
“The fabulous Trieste & Victoria Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I consider myself to be a critical traveller, but I have to say that this hotel has met and actually exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended. The pleasure starts at check-in, with staff at pains to accompany guests to their rooms to explain everything. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The food (breakfast, dinner) is of very high quality with very attentive and friendly service. When one orders wine or other drinks, which are only partially consumed, the remainder is already waiting (on ice) the next day, as tables are assigned at dinner to each room. So, no waiting in line, even at the busiest times. The gardens are magnificent, beautifully manicured, and the pools are amazing, especially the one at bathtub temperature !!! Plenty of treatment options for those wanting or needing it. The hotel is also ideally located for the pedestrian zone, offering nice walks past the many luxury shops selling jewellery, clothes, shoes, etc. I really recommend Abano and, particularly, this hotel for a wonderfully relaxing vacation, leaving nothing to be desired. My wife and I will definitely return here.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, ALL the rooms are good. Sometimes some noise from the pedestrian zone, when ev...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your beautiful comments, we are so proud to have satisfied a critical traveler as you are!
Our mission is “to look after” our guests throughout his stay, from arrival to departure.
We are glad that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, our service and cuisine as well as our facilities like the thermal pools and our garden.
Every time we hope that our guests can find in our hotel the right place for their rest.
We look forward to welcome you and your wife again in our house and send you our best regards.

Patrizio Fogarolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alvechurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My "usual corporate" selections through my company travel agency were full, so went "off piste" and picked here. What a delightful find and a great change from the norm. My bedroom was charming and elegantly decorated with space both in the bedroom and en suite. The bed was perfect..... It was a place I would like to come back and visit with my wife.
In slight contrast, the public area (bar & restaurant) was more functional than spacious in comparison to the more luxurious bedrooms, stairs and corridors. Yet the service was attentive and the breakfast was fresh and tasty (excellent quality pastries / danish, with good selection of other continental usuals along with some hot bacon and eggs).
It advertised having some spa facilities but cannot comment as I did not use them.

Would I go again... "yes",,,,, would I recommend to other.. "yes"
notably on the standard of the bedrooms and value for money this was.

Room Tip: Room 204, even though was on the corner of both the front main and side road, was notably triple gla...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Ukrugby2,
thanks a lot for your review, we are so grateful that your usual selections were full so that we have acquired a new friend!
We are also very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we will wait for you and your wife very soon, to pamper you with our service and cuisine as well as our spa facilities and the entertainment.
Awaiting welcoming you again we send you our best regards.
Mosca, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed in Trieste&Victoria with my family in July and it was not our first time in this wonderful hotel... The location is perfect, the territory is very beautiful, the food is so delicious and it is much more better than in the restaurants outside. The staff is very attentive and kind, they always smile :) And we were really surprised that the staff speaks not only english but some of the guys speak even Russian!!! I advise this hotel to everybody and the next year we go there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Darya,
it is always a pleasure for us to know that our guests enjoyed their stay in our hotel, therefore, on the name of the whole staff of the Trieste & Victoria, I would like to thank for the beautiful and detailed review. We look forward to welcome you again in our house and send you our best regards.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have been to the Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria many times. I love the Veneto Region and staying in Abano I can relax and enjoy the art and culture that this part of Italy has to offer. The Hotel is in a great location, right on the pedestrian area of Abano. The staff is fantastic, very knowledgeable and with a great attitude typical of the "Grand Hotels". I have been travelling with people that don't speak any Italian but everybody has always been very helpful and their knowledge of languages is unbelievable (you can hear the same person at the front desk speaking English, moving to Russian then French and so on..!). The lobby and decoration is so elegant and I live the rooms which are all very spacious. The best part (we go to Abano Terme for that reason!) is the Spa. They recently had a big renovation and the Spa now looks better than ever. I love their treatments. I started to use the "fango" as an anti-stress and It really works for me. I will suggest every single person to try Abano Terme and the Trieste & Victoria

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paolo M
Dear Paolo,

thank you very much for your beautiful words!
Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria is in a strategic location to visit Veneto Region because Abano is near Venice, Treviso, Verona, Vicenza and Padua of course.
Moreover it is in the best position in Abano, in the middle of the pedestrian area but ... with a huge park where guests can relax and enjoy our 4 beautiful Thermal swimming pools.
We are glad that you appreciate our Spa and our fango threatments, they are really very efficient!
Hope to see you again very soon!

Best Regards
Madrid
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Another one of the many old fashioned hotels in Abano. In this particular case my room was at least quite big, although I found decoration extremely depressing. It was not easy to find someone with decent english among the staff. Service in the bar and restaurant quite good. Price was an absolute rip off. As I did not use the spa facilities I cannot rate them, but most of the people around there in bathrobes seemed to be in their mid eighties...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GHTriesteVictoria, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear mr Dr_cooke,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write about your short business stay at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria.
We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy the atmosphere of our historical hotel, known around the world for being one of the leading hotel not only in Abano but also in the province of Padua. This is one of the reason why your company decided to organize such a big event in our hotels group. The hotel lobby, reception, bar, thermal pools and the room you stayed in were completely refurbished during the winter last year. We have and wish to keep the "Belle Époque style" of the hotel which is also protected buy the "belle Arti" a special external international committee who check that the refurbishments of historical building respect the history and the originality of the place. We are sorry you did not like this style. If you would have told us we could have shown you other rooms, fortunately we have many different kind of rooms and suites that's why we satisfy normally all our guests .
As you might have seen we are a very well known spa, main reason for our clients for choosing our spa hotel, with 4 pools and more than 55 spa cabins, in our hotel is normal for us to have clients in bathrobe who enjoy a coffee or a orange juice between one treatment and the other.
We are sure you would have enjoyed it as well if you would have had time to enjoy the pools and some signature spa treatments.
All the staff of the hotel is speaking minimum 3 languages: Italian English as a second language and French, Russian, German, Spanish as thirth one. We do not employ staff who does not know the English language. It would be important for us to understand with whom you spoke.
We do hope that you will be able to spend some relaxing days in our Spa in order to appreciate the real grand hotel trieste Victoria, you describe a situation it is un understandable for us.
We look forward of welcoming you soon in our house.

Queensland Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Just spent 10 days at the beautiful Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria Abano Therme. Wonderful accommodation, food & spa. You really get pampered! The town of Abano is so lovely, well worth the visit. They have full & half board available. Hotel is located right in the heart of town. They organise opera tickets, airport transfers and sightseeing excursions.

Room Tip: make sure you book an elegance room overlooking gardens & pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda056
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Linda,

thanks a lot for your beautiful words.
We are so happy when a guest appreciate all areas of the hotel, and especially when they feel pampered by our staff.
Hope to have you as our guest again in the future, we send to you our Best Wishes

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I really consider it a privilege to have stayed at this resort.
From the moment I checked in, the attention was beyond expectation.
Friendly staff, knowledgeable and ready to meet all your needs and more.
The room was large and had everything you might need during your stay, spacious bathroom, balcony, Wi-Fi included.
The view from my room, overlooking the gardens and pools and in the background the beautiful panorama of the Eugenean Hills.
I stayed on a full board plan, but food was so generous that I skipped lunch.
Fine dining atmosphere, personal attention by the restaurant staff.
Elegance and exquisite food.
Breakfast is served in a sunbathed restaurant on the first floor, with a very rich variety.
The spa treatment, La belle époque theme, was a wholesome and extravagant experience!
The pools and there Jacuzzis, with various temperatures of pure thermal waters, recently updated with new jets, were a delight.
Surrounded by beautiful fragrant gardens, and again: amazing staff!
I can't wait to go back and let myself be pampered again!
The little town of Abano Terme is a little gem, surrounded by the gorgeous Eugenean hills that are worth a trip into their wine country.
Verona is an hour trip away and so is Venice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nour E
Dear Guest,
thank you for your beautiful comments about the Trieste & Victoria, we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
You are right, our Belle Époque programme is really amazing and we are glad that you appreciated this experience!
We hope to welcome you again at the Trieste & Victoria. We take this opportunity to send you our very best regards.