Lowest prices for your stay
US$192
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Hotels.comUS$190
eDreamsUS$192
Trip.comUS$309
All reviews high quality spent days the hotel staff take advantage minute drive this wonderful hotel star hotel junior suite old fashioned spa treatments pools illness giuseppe therapist wellbeing gym arthritis
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. It has the charm of an old grand hotel from a different century. Huge chandeliers, thick rugs, antique furniture. Very classy. Its worth to book full board since the food is just amazing. Breakfast is average, but lunch and dinner is fantastic.
The pools are thermal water and beautiful. Spending the day in the garden gave me the feeling of Hollywood in the 60's. All the flowers, palms, gingko trees etc.
We had a room in the old (but renovated) building. Very spacious and clean.
Most of the other guest are seniors and people, who have been going there for years.
Two things: The hotel is focussing on the eldely guests. Sometimes you get the feeling that families are not really welcome. Some guests made upsetting comments towards my kids.
The other thing, the hotel is advertising as a 5 star house.
From my perspective its a 4 star max.
We had a good time, but won't go back with kids again.
Perfect place when you are over 80 years old.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Tokyowife
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear guest,
I ‘m very thankful for the nice word and compliments you write about our hotel.
I try in cooperation with my staff to make the best of every for every clients because we wish to
make them feel in our “house”.
As you write, being the Trieste & Victoria a historical hotel, we have many guests coming since more than 20 years for the summer Holiday . A lot of international families coming from all around the world meets in this period in our hotel ; some of them with children some other without , that’s why I’m surprised; there is always a good atmosphere between our guests of all ages.
We welcome families, of course , in the same time we keep the relaxing atmosphere that our guests are looking for!
I’m sorry that we have been unable to control guest’s comments, we did not notice that there was something unpleasant going on.
The rating of stars in Italy is different than in other countries so you might compare two different systems, what we can guarantee anyway is a fantastic relation on quality versus – rate. This is appreciated by all our guests.
We hope to be able to see you again and if you wish to come back to Abano with your kids and do not like to book our Trieste & Victoria remember we are a group of 5 hotels.
Call our tool free number we will be able to offer you the best hotel for your nice family.
Thanks and regards
Patrizio Fogarolo

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I consider myself to be a critical traveller, but I have to say that this hotel has met and actually exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended. The pleasure starts at check-in, with staff at pains to accompany guests to their rooms to explain everything. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The food (breakfast, dinner) is of very high quality with very attentive and friendly service. When one orders wine or other drinks, which are only partially consumed, the remainder is already waiting (on ice) the next day, as tables are assigned at dinner to each room. So, no waiting in line, even at the busiest times. The gardens are magnificent, beautifully manicured, and the pools are amazing, especially the one at bathtub temperature !!! Plenty of treatment options for those wanting or needing it. The hotel is also ideally located for the pedestrian zone, offering nice walks past the many luxury shops selling jewellery, clothes, shoes, etc. I really recommend Abano and, particularly, this hotel for a wonderfully relaxing vacation, leaving nothing to be desired. My wife and I will definitely return here.

Room tip: As far as I can tell, ALL the rooms are good. Sometimes some noise from the pedestrian zone, when events are going on, but not late in the evening, so no worries.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your beautiful comments, we are so proud to have satisfied a critical traveler as you are!
Our mission is “to look after” our guests throughout his stay, from arrival to departure.
We are glad that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, our service and cuisine as well as our facilities like the thermal pools and our garden.
Every time we hope that our guests can find in our hotel the right place for their rest.
We look forward to welcome you and your wife again in our house and send you our best regards.

Patrizio Fogarolo

Reviewed 31 January 2014

My "usual corporate" selections through my company travel agency were full, so went "off piste" and picked here. What a delightful find and a great change from the norm. My bedroom was charming and elegantly decorated with space both in the bedroom and en suite. The bed was perfect..... It was a place I would like to come back and visit with my wife.
In slight contrast, the public area (bar & restaurant) was more functional than spacious in comparison to the more luxurious bedrooms, stairs and corridors. Yet the service was attentive and the breakfast was fresh and tasty (excellent quality pastries / danish, with good selection of other continental usuals along with some hot bacon and eggs).
It advertised having some spa facilities but cannot comment as I did not use them.

Would I go again... "yes",,,,, would I recommend to other.. "yes"
notably on the standard of the bedrooms and value for money this was.

Room tip: Room 204, even though was on the corner of both the front main and side road, was notably triple glazed, therefore only the loudest of loudest noises barely made an impression. So many other hotels do not go to this extent.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Ukrugby2,
thanks a lot for your review, we are so grateful that your usual selections were full so that we have acquired a new friend!
We are also very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we will wait for you and your wife very soon, to pamper you with our service and cuisine as well as our spa facilities and the entertainment.
Awaiting welcoming you again we send you our best regards.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed in Trieste&Victoria with my family in July and it was not our first time in this wonderful hotel... The location is perfect, the territory is very beautiful, the food is so delicious and it is much more better than in the restaurants outside. The staff is very attentive and kind, they always smile :) And we were really surprised that the staff speaks not only english but some of the guys speak even Russian!!! I advise this hotel to everybody and the next year we go there again!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Darya30
GBThermaeHotels, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Darya,
it is always a pleasure for us to know that our guests enjoyed their stay in our hotel, therefore, on the name of the whole staff of the Trieste & Victoria, I would like to thank for the beautiful and detailed review. We look forward to welcome you again in our house and send you our best regards.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have been to the Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria many times. I love the Veneto Region and staying in Abano I can relax and enjoy the art and culture that this part of Italy has to offer. The Hotel is in a great location, right on the pedestrian area of Abano. The staff is fantastic, very knowledgeable and with a great attitude typical of the "Grand Hotels". I have been travelling with people that don't speak any Italian but everybody has always been very helpful and their knowledge of languages is unbelievable (you can hear the same person at the front desk speaking English, moving to Russian then French and so on..!). The lobby and decoration is so elegant and I live the rooms which are all very spacious. The best part (we go to Abano Terme for that reason!) is the Spa. They recently had a big renovation and the Spa now looks better than ever. I love their treatments. I started to use the "fango" as an anti-stress and It really works for me. I will suggest every single person to try Abano Terme and the Trieste & Victoria

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Paolo M

Dear Paolo,

thank you very much for your beautiful words!
Grand Hotel Trieste & Victoria is in a strategic location to visit Veneto Region because Abano is near Venice, Treviso, Verona, Vicenza and Padua of course.
Moreover it is in the best position in Abano, in the middle of the pedestrian area but ... with a huge park where guests can relax and enjoy our 4 beautiful Thermal swimming pools.
We are glad that you appreciate our Spa and our fango threatments, they are really very efficient!
Hope to see you again very soon!

Best Regards