“Old World Elegance New World Ammenities - World Class”
Review of Abano Grand Hotel

Abano Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 62 Hotels in Abano Terme
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I am almost hesitant to write a review of the Abano Grand Hotel. I really don't want people to know how exceptional a place it is, as I am afraid once more people discover it I will never be able to afford to go or get a reservation. This is the greatest hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many spectacular places. If you are equating spa with rabbit food then you are at the wrong place, 5 course meals, white glove service. Delicious. Incredible buffet breakfasts with an omelet station. The staff are beyond amazing which is why they deserve their 5*L ranking. Our only complaint was the sauna temperature bedrooms which we just couldn't seem to get them to turn the temperature down. Maybe that is how they get us to lose weight after gorging ourselves on the incredible food. I had read online that you did not have to dress for dinner and that is wrong, we were definitely out of place in our jeans and sweatshirts and yes there were a few tuxes and long dresses but most of the women wore cocktail attire or pant suits, the men had jackets. There are just not enough words to describe the beauty, the service and sheer elegance of the Abano Grand Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Francesco A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear TEliasov,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your Abano Grand experience on Tripadvisor and for underlining the main characteristics of our hotel:
- a great brand , internationally well known, guarantee of high quality service,
- a great location, close to Venice and Verona, but at the same time far from the vibe of tourist areas
- great food
- excellent value for money
- the Anti-aging Spa, our gem, where you feel rejuvenated and you never would leave

We are waiting for your next Abano Grand Experience!

Abano Grand Hotel-Anti-aging Thermal Spa
GB Thermae Hotels Srl

There are newer reviews for Abano Grand Hotel

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We spent three nights at the Abano Grand Hotel in December. We would normally stay in a more contemporary hotel but we felt that it offered the best thermal pools in the area.
Rooms: we stayed in a Deluxe Panorama room facing the gardens. The room was grand and spacious and there was a chandelier hanging over the bed. The bed was very comfortable and they provided high quality linen. The room was kept spotlessly clean and we felt like we were sleeping in fresh sheets every night. The bathroom was beautiful with a separate shower and bath. My only criticism would be that they still only provide a hair dryer attached to the wall which was old and didn’t work particularly well. We complained about this and were immediately provided with a normal hair dryer.
Food and restaurant: the main dining room was beautiful and the service was impeccable. The food was excellent. My partner has a food allergy and we found them to be very accommodating. Breakfast is in another dining room on the first floor. It is much smaller but we found it to be very good and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Eggs are cooked at your request.
Thermal pools: the pools were fantastic. The massage jets were heavenly and the whole experience was unbelievably relaxing. The area where the lounges are was kept extremely neat and clean.
Service: the service as this hotel was first class.
We didn't have any treatments.
If you are looking for a modern hotel then this certainly is not the hotel for you.
We had a wonderful and relaxing few days and I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fabrizio P
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Of all the hotels world-wide, the Abano Grand Hotel is by far the most welcoming that we have stayed in. I know after12 or 13 visits, the hotel staff might remember my face... but they remember my name and on top of that, the waitstaff actually comes over to shake my hand and say welcome back! That is customer service! Our dining room waiter was fun, very friendly, fast and yet respectful at the same time.The food is exceptional: extensive salad bar at lunch and dinner; desert table to knock your socks off (or at least your waist line) and a cheese board with 9-10 selections. Last time, looking for something to criticize which was hard to find, I commented negatively about the sushi. This time the extravagant Saturday night buffet had sushi that would have made Jiro proud (if you know the reference)! The hotel constantly improves upon its facility. This trip I noticed that one of the outdoor heated swimming pools had two waterfalls to massage your neck and shoulders, plus several individual jacuzzi areas that you could swim up to. You need to put this hotel on y our bucket list as you will not be disappointed in any way!!

Room Tip: we haven't found a room that we didn't like, but this time we had a mini suit with two full...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here 2 nights during business trip. Probably the hotel was top range 30 years ago, but not now. Facilities in the rooms are old (couldn't get how they managed to buy plasma TVs for every room - and didn't renovate hairdryers, that are of hostel's standard!).. In order to charge the phone you have to unplug the bedside lamp. Bathroom cosmetics are quite limited and not of any known brand. WiFi very slow. Beds are simple, instead of nice fluffy blanket that may be expected at 5*L you have a cheap wool plead. Staff at the restaurant was rude, demonstrating ingorance. Once collegue asked to take the order after 20 minutes of waiting - and got the answer - "Don't you see - I am busy!!!" and another 15 minutes of waiting. Food was below average - pasta cold and overcooked, fish nothing to say about. Overall, not a 5* service.

Otherwise, if had decent price - could be better. Rooms are clean, have nice balconies (mine has no view, though), SPA & waters are told to be very good, location perfect for Venice/Padova/Vicenza day trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank thekeypoint
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is the top hotel in Abano, one of the Abano Terme Hotels owned by one Italian family. My favorite is Abano Grand Hotel.
Great location, nice swimming pool. The wrap used for fango is still linen cloth! not a plastic.
Food is great. The best breakfast in Abano. Fresh eggs, fruits, fruits juice.
Our favorite staff is Renzo (manager in restaurant). He is excellent and check gracefully, if everything is okay. He made us a fresh fruits juice at breakfast table. He has italian elegance in the way he serves, talk to his guests, and managing the situation.
Domenico is also an great wine expert and charming.

We will be back soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hermeslover2013
Francesco A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Guest

thank you for your great comment!
We are glad to read that you enjoyed all our services and your special mention to our breakfast. Our Maitre d. Renzo and Sommelier Domenico asked me to thank you.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Abano Grand Hotel Antiaging Thermal Spa
GB Thermae Hotels

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Since the Abano Grand Hotel had opened we do come back almost each year - mostly because we know what we can expect - a warm welcome and wonderful, luxury Hotel with first class service. The nice thing is that the Abano Grand Hotel after all those years did not only keep it's service, rooms and restaurants on the same level of quality - no, they even managed to impove. I loved the new warm water pool, the wonderfull new decoration and I am very very courious to come back soon to see the new SPA center!
Besides all this, the whole team of the Abano Grand Hotel - always give you the feeling that you are their special guest, like one would threat you when you are invited personally - this makes the whole holiday a luxury memory!
Thanks so much Franceso and looking forward to see you all soon again !

Room Tip: all rooms do have the same equipment - certainly the park side ones have a very nice view on the won...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Francesco A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear AM75016 Paris,

Thank you for writing such a positive and great review. We are so pleased that you once again enjoyed your stay with us.

As you say: "... not only keep it's service, rooms and restaurants on the same level of quality - no, they even managed to improve." ... manage to improve very high standard is what Luxury means.

I am very proud of your comment as we strive to deliver a high level of service to each and every guest, -although a many times repeated Guest is something ...we love best.

Kind regards

Abano Grand Hotel Anti-aging Thermal Spa
GB Therme Hotels

Reviewed 3 October 2013

It's been a while since my wife and I stayed at this hotel, but our experience is unforgettable. I'd like to emphasize on one particular element. Probably due to excessive exercise, I had constant pains in my forearms and calves. My wife and I decided to try the mud wrap at the hotel Spa. I am completely amazed that after just one 20 minute treatment, my pains disappeared and have not returned. It's been over a year now...miraculous!
I also can't forget the naturally heated pool, with water from the underground hot springs, that this town is famous for. A wonderful experience for us. Great food. Good rooms. Truly unforgettable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abhay M
Francesco A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Anna D,

what to say.....just thank you for your touching comment!
Sometime Guests can fall in love with an hotel, it's not so easy that the whole staff fall in love with a Guest, as it has happended with you!
It was a great honour and a real pleasure having you and your husband here, we hope your travelling around the world will take you once again to the Abano Grand.

Abano Grand Hotel Anti aging Thermal Spa