“Highly recommend. Delicious Piemontese food and wine in Acqui”

Ristorante Enoteca La Curia
Ranked #14 of 109 Restaurants in Acqui Terme
Price range: US$52 - US$72
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great food we were a group of 6 for lunch. For 20 euros we each ordered the two plate option. I had paccheri with piedmontese sauce for starter followed by grilled calamar. Lunch came with a selection of bread, coffee and water. Others ordered roast beef (told this was delicious as wasn't quick enough to be offered a taste), melon and prosciutto (tasty), courgette flower stuffed with mozarella (looked delicious). We sat on chairs perched on surprisingly stable cobbled stones, under the canopy, with the clematis (I think) growing along the walls, it felt like we were in a secluded garden, as it was a cool spot within the middle of a very warm city. Easy to find it's 2 mins walk away from the piazza della bollente . Oh and they have a an extensive wine list we asked for a recommendation and our lovely waiter chose a very reasonably priced local red. We had the pleasure of visiting this place with our friends once before, for a glass or two of wine, we were offered such delicious appetisers that we struggled to eat our booked restaurant meal. Would definitely be going again if we get another invite to castel boglione

Reviewed 16 May 2014

La Curia is one of those restaurants we will talk about for years. Gorgeous food, lovely ambiance, superb service. Max is a warm host who obviously cares deeply for top quality food and its provision. The neighboring Enoteca is a delightful way to begin, with generous wine tasting and appetizers. A thoroughly delightful experience.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my 4th time at this wonderful restaurant. I was so very impressed by the quality and presentation of their food, their wonderful owner, Massimo, as well as our good fortune to be there at the beginning of Truffle season, where he had the most spectacular truffles I've ever had (my BFF and I were on a truffle mission for several days). The place has the warmth of a very special place, and the elegant food you always want...if there's something that's not on the menu, he will make it for you. A gracious and wonderful host, and a special restaurant, that we always want to be sure we visit each time we go to Italy.
I just love this restaurant!!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The store next door lured us in with the promise of good wine choices and wonderful tapas. We stayed for dinner and had a good time up until our main course and then we seemed to have been forgotten. It took 40 minutes to get the cheese course of our 4 course house menu. It took another 40 minutes to get the dessert. In the meantime other tables were being served and some had left. Don't know what happened. THe food was quite good and the initial service promising. Not inexpensive either to be left behind for an hour and a half...

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our villa owner and we were very happy to have tried it. I had a pulpo salad and fresh sardines, both were outstanding. The enoteca was very nice as well. I would definitely go back.