“Fine dining in a city garden”
Review of Ristorante "Terracotta" - MOVED

Ristorante "Terracotta"
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Our table was recommended and booked by the host of our B&B. The restaurant is quite hard to find, down a steep set of steps and below a petrol station but once there you would not know you were in the middle of town as the building is in the middle of a garden. The service is professional and discreet and the owners are welcoming and pleased to see you. The sea-food was well cooked and tasty but my steak was a little disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante "Terracotta"

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely evening with great Sicilian food! Relaxing atmosphere and staff, good wine accompanied our ultimately fresh fish dishes. As we wanted to try more dishes, we were able to share them.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The owners of the B&B we stayed in recommended this restaurant. The food was fresh and wonderful with pure tastes. The service was immaculate and even though our Italian is limited, we didn't have any problems when ordering. On arrival we got glass of sparkling wine and a wonderful bruschetta with tomatoes on the house. The mussels with tomatoes and parmesan were melting in the mouth. The setting looking at the green courtyard was perfect.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

So the last time I tried to place a review for this "restaurant" and said it was terrible, the owner managed to get it removed by saying I had never eaten there. As I was extremely unhappy about the meal and this, I have decided to write another review to warn people that this is not as good as they might expect. This seems reasonable as lots of people like me visit places they dont know based on trip advisor opinions.
So to confirm mr owner and I would be quite happy to send a photo of my receipt, because unlike you claim to have no trace of my meal on the 3rd, I have the bill! Oops maybe you were not expecting that, or your kitchen is not as well organised as you claim, or you simply cannot accept criticism?!
My wife and I arrived at 8pm and were given the menu, no distinction on this as to what was starters or mains, just a list of dishes. I went for the prawn gnocchi and my wife had couscous. No wine menu either so we ordered a bottle on the waiters recommendation. He went away and came back with fly spray, as apparently you risk getting eaten on their terrace. At least the mosquitoes had a good meal that night! He poured the wine and took the bottle away with him, we thought maybe to keep it fresh? During our long wait (25 minutes) we finished our wine but did not seem able to have anymore despite trying to catch the waiters eye, so in the end I went and got our bottle myself! The food eventually arrived, they have a policy about slow cooking here, but as our dishes are not slow food, I was not really sure why they push this fact, except to keep kitchen costs down, as lets face it neither couscous or gnocchi are going to take longer than 5 minutes to prepare. I found this extremely pretentious!
The portions were so small, I was sure that when we finished the waiter would return with a main course menu, but no all he could offer was to listen to him recite some desserts. By this point I had had enough and asked for the bill. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, the exact opposite and would stronly suggest you try other places. I have left a five star review for another restaurant in Agrigento if you are interested in reading it. I eat out a lot due to my work and review a lot of restaurants. This one was so pretentious and up itself that the owner was hot even prepared ti accept criticism but prepared to mock a paying customer. Forget the meal for that alone, I would never return.

3  Thank john d
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend were stunned by the fabolous location of the resturant. very stunning place, in the center of Agrigento city, where you can forget the city traffic and enjoy a nice and tastefull meal in an lovely garden.
The food was fantastic! very fresh and well made! we also noticed that everything was marked slowfood, wich for us is important!
We were very pleased to have found this place and have had the chance to eat there!
Fantastic!!