“Don't go”

Ristorante "Terracotta"
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The portions were tiny and cold, and massively over priced. We had much, much better the previous night for less, and this will show in one of my other reviews of restaurants in Agrigento.

We ordered wine by the glass and received a thimbleful each.

The choice is very limited - hope you like fish - and the so-called English menu is anything but.

It doesn't matter which language you speak - DON'T GO HERE IF YOU LIKE GOOD FOOD!

1  Thank JAnon99

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The place is a little hidden away but an easy walk from the old city (near the Pirandello Museum). We ate in the peaceful and lush garden, with two other couples who were also foreigners: French and from South Africa. We were served by a very spritely gentleman perhaps in his fifties. He was very patient with my Italian and I think I heard him speak French to our neighbours, but he might not speak English. At any rate, he was extremely friendly and informative about the food, and very helpful though unintrusive throughout. We were glad he advised us to have a glass of Grillo wine, which I'd never heard of before but is as good as it is unusual. I ordered a fish dish in a red Messina sauce, which was a perfect ending after a superb appetizer of ricotta that they offered for free, and an antipasto of shrimp. It's not cheap but it's worth it.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a wonderful three course meal with my girlfriend! The food was very good, very good wine pairing. The service made you feel like home! The price value was exceptional!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Friendly staff (limited English, but definitely not a problem). The food was fantastic. Seems to be a local favorite.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A small but delightful restaurant that features locally sourced food. The waitress (owner?) was very helpful with recommendations (in English) and we were not disappointed. The dishes are beautifully presented and delicious.

1  Thank Ann W