“Beauty in the heart of town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Cinque Novelle

Le Cinque Novelle
Ranked #22 of 205 Agrigento B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Beauty in the heart of town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Giovanna was a wonder! He helped us plan our time in the city, including advice on the best places to eat (both for an evening meal, and to navigate to the best of the options near the valley of the temples).

The B&B itself was gorgeous, felt like stepping into a moment of luxury. The room was fairly basic, but wasn't lacking in any way.

I was especially impressed with how communicative Giovanna was. A few days before we arrived he had a maintenance issue in the room we had booked. He emailed, texted and telephoned us right away, and offered several options for a solution. Really made us feel looked after!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wildfalcon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We only spent one night at la Cinque Novelle and it was great, We were welcomed by Giovanni who was very helpful. We were able to park our car for free very close. He also advised a very close by restaurant for lunch: expanificio. We loved it so much that we went back for diner!
The rooms are very nicely arranged and comfortable. Breakfast was awesome: so many fresh pastries and so good that you want to try them all!
We would definitely go back for our next trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurence_B187147
Siegen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Le Cinque Novelle is a very nice Bed&Breakfast in the center of Agrigento. The rooms are in good style and orientated on a motive of the Italian writer Luigi Pirandello. We had a silent room with view to a little garden. At the first morning a very sweet breakfast was served. It was delicious but not easy to digest. Therefore we asked for a less sweet breakfast. The next morning we got the best breakfast on our 2 weeks Sicilian roundtrip. The owners are very friendly. The Bed&Breafast lies on a small street and is not easy to find. Better you ask at the beginning of the center to the right direction. With the help of the owners we could park our car free of charge in a parking garage nearby. Really good service!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jankim
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Wow! What a gem of a B&B! We had a spacious well-furnished room. The premises was in excellent condition, giving us the impression that it was newly opened. Our breakfast was a large assortment of incredible Sicilian pastries, with juice, coffee or tea. We were provided with directions to a restaurant the first evening, and then a map and directions to the bus station later. Would we stay at Le Cinque Novelle again? The answer is an astounding yes!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tes321
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had a booking confirmed by email for Saturday 22nd October through hotel.info. We had no other contact from the owners but didn't think that was strange. We arrived at 1pm by bus from Catania airport but the place was shut up tight. We rang the bell and knocked on the door so much that another occupant of the building put his head out the window to tell us the owners were not there- his English and our Italian were equally poor but we understood that the place was closed. We gave up after 15 minutes as it was cold and beginning to rain and luckily found a really nice B&B furthur up Via Aetnea.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
lecinquenovelle, Proprietario at Le Cinque Novelle, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
Dear Sirs F.
I remember my long awaiting your arrival until 10.30 am ...

Yes, because contrary to what you say, I was at home waiting for you patiently, to no avail!
All other guests (no. 8 people), arriving for the day, are regularly arrived ... except you.
But to understand what happened, I just went to talk to my neighbors and I understood everything ...

You knocked on the wrong bell, that you knocked on my neighbors and not to me.
The person who responded to nationality is Filipino and she speak and understand no English or Italian. Yourself, talking to you, you've got it!
She is the sister of my neighbors, also Filipino.
She was at her sister's house as a guest and your words have meant you were looking for her sister and her husband were not at home because they were still at work!
And in any case: my neighbors how do they know if I'm at home??

As I have already responded to a strange and pass review, my phone number and clearly visible next to the door. And to prove it, I will publish a photo that shows him clearly.
Moreover, in receipt of your reservation, you were already in possession of all my phone numbers!
Why do not you call me?? You would have immediately realized that I was in the hotel waiting for you!
But you did not waste any time to leave your negative comments!

Strange, is not it?

Dear TripAdvisor users: in the words of Luigi Pirandello, Agrigento is a city of paradoxes .... and this is one of those!
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

A lady form the B&B came to pick us up at the bus station which was very nice, but she couldn't speak a word of English, French or any other language but Italian.
The breakfast was very disappointing: no fresh juice (such as promised on the website), only cookies and pastries (no cannolis neither so as written on a booking website), no bread, no yoghurt, no fruit...
Very dark interior. Clean and new rooms, but no double bed as asked in reservation.
The owner was invisible during beginning of our stay until we accidentally bumped into him as he was leaving. No breakfast possible before 8.30, instead you get a voucher for a bar where you're only entitled to one hot beverage and one pastry. A bit of a rip-off!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
lecinquenovelle, Proprietario at Le Cinque Novelle, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Dear Ladies,
I remember your stay even if, as you say, I was a "ghost"! :-)
I state that the young lady who came to get with the car at the bus station (service not included, but totally free for those in need) is, too, owns with me.
So the Owner was always present.

You lament the fact that she did not speak other languages than Italian, but I do not think is an obligation that she should do it ...
Ironically, during my short trip to London, I found that if I did not speak English well, some local people are offended ... then, perhaps we would have to be offended? ;-)
On the other hand, although not very well, I speak English ...

Say they have not been met for breakfast ...
If the breakfast that was served was not to your liking, as you are left more than a day, you could safely say that and you specify what was more to your taste!
No guest ever complained about the breakfast served to us ... we have also served at the request of the Sicilian cheese with pepper , hard boiled eggs with beacon and also the spicy salame with pistachios!
In your opinion would be a problem serve cannoli or bread? :-)

Specifically that breakfast was served that included fresh Sicilian pastry products (not all types of course, otherwise we would have had to fill 2 tables :-) )
Therefore, for obvious reasons, we propose a full rotation of the whole series.
Unfortunately, in the days when you are our guests were, the delicious Sicilian cannoli was not present!
Not that it can be said that the breakfast was poor! :-)
I repeat that, upon your request, you would have found it on the table the next morning ...
For example, the couple who had breakfast with you in those days, the second day they liked only bread, butter and jam because they had to leave and they would not eat much.
The same for yogurt and fresh fruit (which in reality ... you ate kiwis and oranges, remember?)

You lament not having found the twin beds that you've been asking ... but ... when??
If you go to re-read the email about your booking, you will find that I had specifically asked if he would like double bed or twin beds. You have never answered my question so I gave you a double room.
Upon check-in, which occurred late in the morning, after seeing the room and the bed, you have not shown any disappointment. Only in the afternoon (5.30 pm) you sent me an SMS telling me if it was possible to have separate beds. There I said it was not possible at this time, to redo the room again because I was out of the B & B for a personal commitment and the maid at that time could not come.
On the other hand I have given the availability of using the extra bed in a room, free of charge.
How come you did not request separate beds after seeing the room and instead you asked five hours later?

As for the breakfast time, each property is free to decide for themselves the time slot in which to have breakfast. Also breakfast time was clearly specified in the e-mail that was sent.
It was also specified ,that in case of breakfast at 8.30 before, a voucher would be available free to make breakfast at a most popular bar and pastry shop at 50 meters from our hotel.

The voucher for breakfast at the bar for each person includes:
- 3 pieces of pastry
- 1 hot drink (cappuccino or tea) or a fruit juice
- 1 Espresso or American coffe.

These quantities are written clearly on the voucher has been delivered in Italian and which will publish the photo here. In this way you can translate it and have no doubt.

The Latin saying: "De gustibus non disputandum est."
For those unfamiliar with the Latin language, the quoted sentence means: "personal tastes can not be criticized".
So if you have not enjoyed our hospitality, we are sorry but the quality of the services that we offer our guests every day with extreme precision and dedication, is another thing ....

We like to think that the B & B is the most interesting and enjoyable type of hospitality ...
Kind users of Trip: What do you think ?! :-)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Due to bad weather where we were staying on the other side of Sicily (Finale, Pollina), we decided to spend a couple of days in general area, visiting the archeological sites at Agrigento, Selinunte and Eraclea Minoa. We also wanted to visit Montalbano's Vigata (Porto Empedocle).
We stayed here, and it was lovely. The room had a view out over the town towards the Valli dei Templi, and it was possible to see the temples in the distance. The room was clean and fresh, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious - orange juice, coffee, and a wide selection of pastries.
We parked on the street just below the B&B, which was free. It's a very steep street - see the pictures attached - so check your brakes before you drive down!
It also has free WIFI, which was easy to connect - password on request
We'd definitely recommend it.
One final note: we weren't asked to write a review, TripAdvisor wasn't mentioned, and we've no connection with the B&B - we chose it on the basis of reviews here on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple