“Very good restaurant”

Price range: US$24 - US$62
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ristorante recentemente ristrutturato, offre alla propria clientela una vista stupenda sulla valle dei templi di agrigento. Presso il nostro ristorante potrete gustare la classica cucina siciliana rivisitata in chiave moderna.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were lucky to find a table inside without reservation. The food was excellent as well as the wine. The prosecco was OK but too expensive for the disappointing quantity in the glass.
The interior is classy and very cosy. Good service as well.

1  Thank chris324
There are newer reviews for Il Re di Girgenti

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Called at the restaurant without booking and were offered a private table on the balcony! Waiters were very jolly and helpful. Mussels for starters were slightly flat but the bluefish was excellent. Main courses included chicken and wild boar, everyone was happy although not ecstatic. View from restaurant must be the best around opposite the valley of the temples!

1  Thank RemyMaltaise
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I went there on a special occasion with my wife. I've to say we really enjoyed our meals in front of the lit temples. The restaurant is very well furnished and the staff very courteous. We had a nice bottle of wine to accompany our dinner which was excellent. I'd highly recommend the maccheroncini al gambero rosso e datterini!
If you are looking for a great romantic dinner in Agrigento, this is the place to go!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We enjoyed lunch at this restaurant and were there just after noon so we were lucky to have the place to ourselves as locals seem to have lunch later! We had spaghetti with sea urchin sauce which was really tasty. The service was good although I would have expected to be more looked after in such a classy place.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

When you pay a certain amount for a meal, you expect a certain amount of service. I really enjoined the taste of my food, the dishes were well prepared and the pasta was cooked well. Everything had plenty of salt, almost over salted to my taste... But as the place got full, the service got extremely poor. I am used to different staff comming to my table to see if I needed anything, but each of them continued to forget to bring it. Finally after dolci dishes were taken away, we sat for about 25 min and finally gave up on cafe. Could not get anyone's attention to request the bill.... We just got up and went to the registrar.

If I was a local, I would give this place another try. But if this is a one night stay near the Valley of the Temples, I would try another place.... The view was not worth the hassles.