I stayed at this hotel on the night of 8 September with Voyages Jules Verne's tour. As I was part of a tour-group and as I stayed only one night, please bear in mind that I may not have had a typical experience of the hotel. First up, the cons; then, the pros.
1. I was a single-supplement traveller but even so it was a little disappointing to be put in a room on the ground floor, just along from the reception (number 18). However, in all fairness this wasn't quite as bad as I feared because the slope of the land means that I still had a reasonable view from my window over the gardens. The decor was functional but fairly uninspiring.
2. As a group, we all had to eat at the same time and sit on designated communal tables in the restaurant. We were told to arrive at the restaurant at 7:30pm and when we arrived one or two minutes beforehand (I do not exaggerate), we were given very short shift and driven out again by the staff because we were too early. A short course in customer service would go a long way.
3. The location probably isn't the greatest. It wasn't too much of an issue for us because we were travelling by bus, but it's on a fairly major road and so I imagine it might pose issues for people travelling independently.
1. The pool is wonderful and is full right to the brim. Our group were quite enthusiastic swimmers and this was the best pool I sampled during the holiday. Do bear in mind that you cannot bring down towels from your room - so make sure you take a lightweight one with you, to save having to buy one on site - and you need to wear swimming caps - so take one of those with you as well to save buying it there.
2. The gardens are very well laid-out, with a charming mini Greek theatre beside the terrace of the restaurant. I'm not quite sure what purpose it's meant to serve, but it's a bit of a sun-trap and a lovely place to sit to read or write.
3. To counter my comments about customer service, I should note that the staff very kindly provided a candlelit pudding for one of our group members when they found out it was his birthday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four-star hotel, the Hotel della Valle offers its guests all the benefits of being at the center of everything. Located in a quiet and elevated position, close to the historic center of Agrigento, the Valley of the Temples, and the clear blue sea and coastline. The hotel offers its customers a perfect combination of panoramic views of the Valley of the Temples and easy access to major places of interest thanks to its proximity to main roads. In addition to basic services - Reception 24 hours a day, fast Check-in and Check-out, and Luggage Storage - Hotel della Valle offers its guests a number of useful services on request: laundry and ironing services, breakfast in your room, Internet WI-FI, Fax / Copier, newspapers, 1 extra bed or cot, baby sitter.Completing the range of services on request you may wish to: enjoy spa treatments in the hotel Wellness Center, take advantage of shuttle bus services to a private beach with sun umbrellas and sun beds, join guided excursions, make use of a convenient connecting service directly to Catania, Palermo and Trapani airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel della Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Della Valle Agrigento
- Jolly Della Valle Hotel
- Hotel Della Valle Agrigento, Sicily