Overall we had a good experience at this hotel. Our room was very pleasant with a lovely view across the gardens. The shower worked well and was apparently easier to use than in some other rooms, although it was impossible not to flood the floor when using it. Breakfast had a good variety of items including fresh fruit, cakes, rolls, ham and cheese. The cooked offerings were not so successsful with the most anaemic-looking bacon I have ever seen. We had been warned about the coffee machines in the hotel by our excellent guide - I believe the coffee they produced was ok, but tea was a non-event involving less than half a cup of hot water to use with a teabag. Dinner was not particularly exciting and we had to choose the night before although the risotto was always good. Staff were pleasant and the waiters serving at dinner had a good sence of humour. Our drinks bill was accurate - be warned that if you and try and pay the night before you leave there are likely to be mix-ups, as the computer bill will not register that you have paid for drinks taken on the last evening.
The location of the hotel was good - although it was on the ourskirts of Agrigento it was possible to walk into the old part of town in 15 - 20 minutes, albeit uphill. The gardens and swimming pool were a big plus - the swimming pool was theoretically closed but my husband was told that he could use it if he wished - which he did.
After sampling 3 different hotels in southern Italy I think it is fair comment to say that you should not expect the standard you would find acceptable in the UK for a similar star rating. If you bear this in mind I think the Della Valle is a reasonable choice of hotel in Agrigento, and well placed for visitng the temples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four-star hotel, the Hotel della Valle offers its guests all the benefits of being at the center of everything. Located in a quiet and elevated position, close to the historic center of Agrigento, the Valley of the Temples, and the clear blue sea and coastline. The hotel offers its customers a perfect combination of panoramic views of the Valley of the Temples and easy access to major places of interest thanks to its proximity to main roads. In addition to basic services - Reception 24 hours a day, fast Check-in and Check-out, and Luggage Storage - Hotel della Valle offers its guests a number of useful services on request: laundry and ironing services, breakfast in your room, Internet WI-FI, Fax / Copier, newspapers, 1 extra bed or cot, baby sitter.Completing the range of services on request you may wish to: enjoy spa treatments in the hotel Wellness Center, take advantage of shuttle bus services to a private beach with sun umbrellas and sun beds, join guided excursions, make use of a convenient connecting service directly to Catania, Palermo and Trapani airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Della Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Della Valle Agrigento
- Jolly Della Valle Hotel
- Hotel Della Valle Agrigento, Sicily