Great looking hotel, and our room was ok on first looking. However we couldn't open the wardrobe door without rearranging the furniture, and there was a pile of dust and debris under the bed. Television never worked. Safe didn't work, and took 3 days for someone to come and fix it.
Bathroom also looked fine at first - but bath was a really strange shape which meant you bashed your elbows every time you used it, and although it had a shower attachment there was no shower curtain so the floor got soaked. Worst of all, we were locked out of the bathroom as the sliding doors got stuck - and we had one hour to get ready for son's wedding (with all our stuff inside!!). Bit of a panic and took 20 minutes to sort out.
We were half board (thankfully), but the breakfasts were very poor. Buffet style, no heaters under food, cheap thin sliced bread, dangerous old toaster, awful coffee machine, and powdered orange juice machine. Reception staff could definately not be regarded as friendly (with one exception). Our friends visited the hotel spa which they enjoyed. Location though is fantastic, and the Temples are within an easy walk. Few good restaurants nearby though better to take taxi into town for more choice. Extremely good markets nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four-star hotel, the Hotel della Valle offers its guests all the benefits of being at the center of everything. Located in a quiet and elevated position, close to the historic center of Agrigento, the Valley of the Temples, and the clear blue sea and coastline. The hotel offers its customers a perfect combination of panoramic views of the Valley of the Temples and easy access to major places of interest thanks to its proximity to main roads. In addition to basic services - Reception 24 hours a day, fast Check-in and Check-out, and Luggage Storage - Hotel della Valle offers its guests a number of useful services on request: laundry and ironing services, breakfast in your room, Internet WI-FI, Fax / Copier, newspapers, 1 extra bed or cot, baby sitter.Completing the range of services on request you may wish to: enjoy spa treatments in the hotel Wellness Center, take advantage of shuttle bus services to a private beach with sun umbrellas and sun beds, join guided excursions, make use of a convenient connecting service directly to Catania, Palermo and Trapani airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel della Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Della Valle Agrigento
- Jolly Della Valle Hotel
- Hotel Della Valle Agrigento, Sicily