We were escorted up to our room (we had booked a standard room) on the 4th floor. Elevator to the 3rd, then up a narrow metal spiral stairway to a landing where there were two rooms. The poor porter had to carry our heavy wheeled bags, as they wouldn’t fit on the stairs. Our room was 402, a small room with an enormous terrace that was useless, although it had a distant view of some of the temples. The bathroom had no ventilation, only a small grid leading out to the terrace, but no fan to make it work. AVOID THIS ROOM (AND I ASSUME 401, NEXT DOOR) LIKE THE PLAGUE!
The next morning, after a very poor breakfast, we asked to be moved to another room and to stay an extra (third) night, both of which were granted by the reception staff, who were VERY HELPFUL IN EVERY WAY! Our new room was 222, a small room with a bathroom fan that would have awakened the dead. This hotel needs work! And the barking dog nearby and the wedding guests talking loudly under our window at midnight didn't help us sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a lush park overlooking the Valley of the Temples and the sea, the Colleverde Park Hotel welcomes guests with a calm and elegant atmosphere. Just a few minutes from the historic centre and the archaeological area, and only 6 km from the beaches. Colleverde Park Hotel is a place where one can contemplate a landscape that embraces nature, sea and culture. Immersed in a lush park overlooking the Valley of the Temples and the sea, the Colleverde Park Hotel is ready to welcome you into its calm and elegant atmosphere. This historic dependance of the first Jolly Hotel of Agrigento was bought and renovated by the Sinatra family and over the years has become the Colleverde Park Hotel; a modern and comfortable four star hotel successfully combining the traditional tastes and the advantages of innovation. The cozy and elegant hall, embellished by fine 19th Century Sicilian ceramics and furniture offers a Wi-Fi area for high speed wireless internet connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Colleverde Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colleverde Park Agrigento
- Hotel Colleverde Park
- Colleverde Park Hotel Agrigento, Sicily