This is a European hotel, not an American hotel in Europe. By that I mean that a standard room is VERY small by American standards; not a problem for us as we took a mini-suite, which was very pleasant and quite roomy.
As others have noted, the hotel is dated and needs refurbishing. Parking is free and the location is close to the Valley of the Temples. The restaurant is very good, with excellent, professional service.
A word of caution: This hotel is very popular with American tour groups, which means that for two of the three nights we were there, a busload of 50, loud Americans suddenly arrived in the lobby, partying in the otherwise quiet garden until 11 p.m., taking over the restaurant so we couldn't eat there, and descending en masse to breakfast in the morning (when the tour groups arrive, the hotel reduces the variety of the breakfast food, apparently to save money).
On the other hand, the price is right; we got one night free because we stayed for a total of three. Two nights/one day in Agrigento is the right amount of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a lush park overlooking the Valley of the Temples and the sea, the Colleverde Park Hotel welcomes guests with a calm and elegant atmosphere. Just a few minutes from the historic centre and the archaeological area, and only 6 km from the beaches. Colleverde Park Hotel is a place where one can contemplate a landscape that embraces nature, sea and culture. Immersed in a lush park overlooking the Valley of the Temples and the sea, the Colleverde Park Hotel is ready to welcome you into its calm and elegant atmosphere. This historic dependance of the first Jolly Hotel of Agrigento was bought and renovated by the Sinatra family and over the years has become the Colleverde Park Hotel; a modern and comfortable four star hotel successfully combining the traditional tastes and the advantages of innovation. The cozy and elegant hall, embellished by fine 19th Century Sicilian ceramics and furniture offers a Wi-Fi area for high speed wireless internet connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Colleverde Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colleverde Park Agrigento
- Hotel Colleverde Park
- Colleverde Park Hotel Agrigento, Sicily