What I have to say about Terrazze di Montelusa has been said many times before, but is worth saying again: this is a real find in Agrigento. In fact, it is the kind of place where you really are reluctant to say goodbye, both to the elegant and comfortable surroundings and to Francesco, who is a sensitive, helpful and charming host.
Our room was the suite at the end of the hall. It featured a good-sized sitting room off which was a small terrace, a large bedroom and very adequate bath. Unfortunately, there was little in the way of a view, but we were out much of the time anyway.
Breakfast on the top floor's terraces was delightful: a fresh assortment of baked goods made both on the premises and brought in by Francesco. At night, several of the Temples could be seen illuminated from the top terrace, particularly Concordia.
Clean, with a faded elegance (nothing brassy or plastic), this is Francesco's family's former home. As a parting gift, Francesco sat at the piano and played Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. You can't buy memories like this.
It was tough to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The B&B Terrazze di Montelusa is the result of the renovation of a mansion belonging to our family since 1822 (Casa Messina Bonfiglio), in the historical center of Agrigento. We offer three larger bedrooms, one suite and one junior suite. All of them are furnished with style and equipped with air-conditioning, private bathrooms, TV, mini-bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your B&B Terrazze di Montelusa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrazze Di Montelusa b&b
- Terrazze Di Montelusa Hotel Agrigento
- B&B Terrazze Di Montelusa Agrigento, Sicily