“Excellent”
Review of Ciuci's Manor

and 1 more site!
Ciuci's Manor
Reviewed 18 August 2013

A wonderful place and definitely off the beaten track. The setting really is stunning. We received a very warm welcome from the owners who could not have done more to ensure our stay was good. We travelled with our two boys and there was lots for them to see and do on the property - hills to climb, donkeys to ride, and a lake to boat on. We ate at the restaurant which is also on the site - it was excellent value and served delicious food (very ample portions!).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ciuci's Manor

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

When we were driving up to Ciuci's Manor it felt we were leaving all civilization behind and then all of a sudden you arrive at the gate and once you are inside it is a true bliss. Great room (quadruple) with plenty of space, good bathroom, a pool, a lake, a garden full of olive and pistacchio trees, donkeys for the kids to ride on,... and the best of course are the hosts who go out of there to make you feel at home and serve great food.
The wifi was a bit dodgy but that just adds to the feeling of being away from all stress or problems.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mooootie
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Ciuci's is the kind of place you immediately feel at home in.
Ginevra and her mama are ever so kind and gentle. we have been welcomed so warmly, it felt as if we were part of the family.
It is a splendid site if you want to explore the south part of Sicily. Agrigento and the Valle die Templi is very close by, you have a wide range of very nice beaches and in Raffadali you have the most heavenly pistachio cream you've ever tasted. they also happen to have exquisite ice cream.
On the domain you definitely must go and eat in the restaurant and take the menu, it's gorgeous and you can go on eating like forever.
if I were you, I'd be booking already.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, I would suggest ear plugs as the pigeons might wake you up in the mornin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I agree totally with the previous review, in fact we were part of the same group. I would just like to add that while we were warmly welcomed each place we stayed in Sicily, Ciuci's Manor was very special. Ginevra is the consummate innkeeper and not only opened the door of her lovely property to us, but genuinely made us feel a part of the family. If you are lucky enough to be visiting on one of the days that they serve dinner at the house, don't miss the opportunity to sit down to their table. The food was amazing and Ginevra's easygoing personality and witty stories kept us all laughing. We will return to this beautiful property!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family of 9 spent two wonderful days and nights at Ciuci's
The accommodations were great; clean, well decorated and very comfortable. The farm itself is very beautiful and peaceful. Take a hike, ride a bike, visit the animals or just sit by the pool and soak it all in (dont forget to sit outside at dusk and listen to all the birds and animals welcome the night!). The food is also VERY fantastic! Each breakfast was a spread with homemade jams, jellies, pistachio spread (so yummy!) and homemade rolls and cakes! We were very spoiled!
Thank you Ginevra for making us feel so welcome in your Family's home, it was unforgettable :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

From the minute I walked in the door I was completely pampered. I needed a special favor and Ginevra was so accommodating I knew I was in the right place for me. Aside from the fact that the property is a working farm, with animals to see and land to explore, it is also a great place to stay and you almost don't want to leave to go sightseeing. In fact I stayed an extra day just to relax.

The restaurant down the hill is very good. So good in fact, locals go out of their way to eat there. They were able to indulge me, someone who has been traveling a while, by making me a delicious vegetable soup even though it wasn't on the menu. The restaurant is closed on Mondays so Ginevra and Francesca (the ladies of the house) prepared a feast for the guests. After a full day of sightseeing I was hungry. We stuffed ourselves beyond saturation and I can assure you I slept soundly that night. The breakfast the next morning was so good I had to eat it even if I wasn't hungry.
The common areas are very inviting. Big picture windows look out to an amazing view. Comfortable couches are all around so you can really settle in and feel at home. Ginevra and her mom have successfully created an environment that you can really appreciate for the comfort it affords.
I'm coming back and I'm bringing friends with me next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ahotpoet
Reviewed 12 May 2013

From their website and form the reviews on this site we had high hopes for Ciuci's Manor, and we weren't disappointed. Ginevra was supremely knowledgeable about every detail of the area, and had suggestions for everything we were considering doing. The house is beautiful - the living room is huge - and the grounds are wonderful. A particular highlight were the breakfasts, with the famous pistachio paste! Nothing was too much trouble for Ginevra and these was easily the nicest place we stayed while in Sicily.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank da_bush
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agrigento
Foresteria Baglio Della Luna
Agriturismo La Casa di Bacco
Agriturismo La Casa di Bacco
#1 of 10 in Porto Empedocle
Agriturismo / B&B Reggia Saracena

Been to Ciuci's Manor? Share your experiences!