“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Since 2011 the restaurant got its third Michelin star. It is fully deserved.,the creativity of the chef is of outstanding proportions. It starts with the aperativo which is accompanied by more than 20 very small dishes. Of some the decorations with small, eatbale flowers is as from another planet, that beautiful. Zhe whole dinner is indeed of top quality and again for dessert you get almost a kind of painting on your plate. Though certainly not a dinner for the small purse it certainly is value for money. A great experience. The service is outstanding, too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This restaurant has three Michelin stars. The food is incredible. We chose the chef's menu option, which everyone at the table then receives. I couldn't tell you what I ate, but it was all amazing. Both the presentation and innovative preparation were something you rarely see. The wine list came in two volumes and it was just overwhelming how many choices there were. The wait staff was very formal. I thought the head waiter was going to click his heels after taking our order! We were there for three hours and we were still full the next day. It was an experience.

As you might guess, you must have reservations. In fact, the door, on a side street with only a small sign, is locked and you have to be buzzed in. If you are going there, you may want to scope out where it is in advance. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our group of 13 had dinner at Piazza Duomo in May2014. I was not hungry as I was suffering from indigestion from eating too much rich food in our few days in Alba. So I was not really looking forward to dinner and in fact went only because reservations were made and the dinner committed.
Boy, am I glad I went for dinner! I love how the chef use and arrange the exotic vegetables and flowers into fabulous dishes, and how the cod, veal, pigeon and prawns were lightly seasoned to bring out the natural flavors and textures.
My favourite dishes were the 21, 31, 41 salad, and the fruits & vegetable salad in a sweet syrup which concluded our meal.
I was lucky to have eaten at a few highly regarded restuarants during this trip, but my meal at Piazza Duomo is my favorite.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Food was really good, came out quickly but service slowed as the evening wore on, could have been that we were there on a Sunday evening!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This really one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant in Italy. We went to Piemonte with couple of friends to enjoy all the jewels of it and we were so lucky, to have opportunity to enjoy the lunch made by Enrico Crippo specially for us and for our special guest Mauro Mascarello, one of most famous winemaker of Piemonte, who has presented samples of his famous wines as his Ca' d'Morissio 2006 and many other. It is hard to define by name and describe all of nearly 20 small courses, but I’ll try to bring some pictures.This really one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant in Italy.