“Great evening with the chef”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dulcis Vitis

Dulcis Vitis
Ranked #38 of 182 Restaurants in Alba
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
São Paulo, Sp
“Great evening with the chef”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had dinner here in a big group and nevertheless everything was perfect. The chef Bruno was very attencious and spent time explaining the courses. It was great, tasty, and delicious food from the starters until the dessert. The atmosphere is very cozy. A decent wine list with wines from the region. Nice and cozy atmosphere! It is definitely a good option in town.

• Visited October 2013

São Paulo
“First and last time”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were three people for lunch on Saturday, October 18th, 2013, during the very busy Alba white truffle festival. We had not made plans for lunch far enough in advance, and this was the sixth or seventh place our hotel tried to book for us. I later understood why we were able to get a table.
When we arrived it wasn't too full. The sommelier was very solicitous and helped us with the wine. We were served an amuse bouche - a Russian salad and a bell pepper with cod. It was ok, not great, not bad either. My father had ordered the 4 course truffle tasting menu, whereas my mother and I had ordered a salad and then a dish.
Our first courses arrived all together after a 45 minute wait. Suffices to say we were not impressed with the delay, and we could see other clients fuming. My salad was very tasty, but my father's dish came with the truffle already on the plate.
This is our 4th time in Alba, and I've eaten truffles for the past 20 years. The truffle should always, always be grated at the table right onto your plate, so you can see the truffle and smell it too. Older truffles start to lose their characteristic aroma, and therefore, most of their taste. After another 1 hour wait, my mother and I got our main dishes, and my father got his 2nd dish. I had asked for snapper, which was overcooked and too salty. I left it almost untouched.
This meant my mother and I spent the next hour sitting there while my dad had his other two dishes. The table next to ours complained they had been waiting for over an hour for their food and the waitress was shockingly rude to them, saying there was only one kitchen and what did they want. Then their food arrived, and while they were still eating, she brought them their next course and threw it on the table and walked away. I've never seen someone be so rude.
My father requested his truffle be grated onto his plate, so the chef came out to do so, but he did it with very bad grace, and told my dad that he didn't understand the problem.
My dad said the truffles lost their smell, and his first two dishes hadn't smelled of anything, and the chef said that was truffles, as if implying we didn't know what we were talking about.
All the dishes were atrociously late, the staff was downright rude, and the food was mediocre. We had paid 2.8 euros a gram for truffles just the previous day, and 4 euros a gram at a Michelin-starred restaurant, and this place charged 185 euros for a 4 course tasting.
I will never go back there, and strongly advise against anyone going there either. It was a terrible experience that left us feeling cheated and abused.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank tita12
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great, tasty, delicious food. Nice and cozy atmosphere! Everything is of the highest quality. The Chef and the owner Bruno is a really nice person! Would I recommend this place to my friends? - definitely YES!

• Visited July 2013
New York
“An experience with the chef”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Come here in the off -season during a weekday. The great thing about this place is the contact with the staff, especially the chef who is quite a character. I started with a glass of Arneis and some amuse bouche of spinach frittata which was excellent. The mixed lettuces with fresh artichoke hearts and herbs needed more lemon but was delicious nonetheless. I wanted to eat something from the region and for some reason the waitress was pushing fish. Only problem is none of it was from the area so I opted for the Barolo-braised rabbit with vegetables. I passed on dessert but received a lovely arrangement of petite fours. It is a very old-fashioned romantic place with candles and orchids on the tables. The menu could use a bit of updating but I found the experience worthwhile.

Visited May 2013
NY
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

3 courses with a glass of wine was €80. The food was mediocre at best.

I'd much rather eat at Enolab or Lalibera, both of which would cost half as much.

Little wonder why only 3 tables on a busy Sat night.

Not going back even if you drag me by my hair!

Visited April 2013