“A very nice meal”
Review of Osteria dell Arco

Osteria dell Arco
Ranked #5 of 192 Restaurants in Alba
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is probably one of the best restaurants in Alba, and if you don't have any dietary restrictions, you will have a wonderful meal here. My wife and I have a plant based diet and don't eat meat or dairy products, and we had a real hard time conveying that to our waiter. In fact, one of my wife's courses was delivered with a cream sauce that we asked to leave off.

What we were able to eat on the menu was fantastic. We had an eggplant appetizer and pasta for our meals. Very well done, no complaints. My wife is still trying to figure out how she can prepare the appetizer at home. They also have a very nice wine list.

There are newer reviews for Osteria dell Arco

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We interrupted our discussions in the plant to be driven to this restaurant for a quick lunch between morning and afternoon meetings. The internal design was very cozy with bronze lamps hanging from the roof. For the first "round" I had a simple green salad followed by a great surprise: thin slices of raw veal crowned with a thick tunna sauce (most probably colored with saffran). Deliciously tender with a so matching tunna fish sauce above it!
The greatest surprise was the white wine. Unbelieveably dry (for an Italian white) and completely going alongside our lunch.
The name was Bruno Broglia. Try the place and the wine!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We went to Alba for a few hours in the afternoon for food shopping. The main shopping street, Via Vittorio Emanuele, was pedestrian, but we were lucky to find parking on a street just off one end of the main street. There are some wonderful food shops there so it was worth the visit. This restaurant is situated in Piazza Savona, which is at the southern end of Vittorio Emanuele. We arrived just as it opened for dinner, and ordered before the large groups of mostly tourists arrived. The restaurant was rather short-staffed, so I can imagine the ordering could get a bit chaotic when they got busy. The price was very reasonable, and they served typical traditional regional cuisine. Nothing fancy, but they used very fresh and high quality ingredients. I had the rabbit, which was quite well prepared. A good place to go if you are in the area, but not really a destination restaurant.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

There can be few reasons to visit Alba. It's a pleasant, busy, modern town with cobbled pedestrain streets. Very little attractions, except high baroque churches as usual. Nice gelaterias and some mostly garment shops. Apart from that, unexceptional.

Other than for wine tasting, that is. A good location for sampling wonderful varied wines, including of course the wonderful Barolo. Our large group was doing just that, and had a fine time. The first night we were taken to the Osteria dell Arco, and had a great local meal. The highlight was simple local pasta. The same style of pasta was on sale in all the shops, but this 'angel hair' was unfamiliar. Highly recommended.

The service was good, knowledgeable and friendly. Quite unlike some of the reviews I read. Maybe it was because we were a group rather than a couple. But I take as I find, and can recommend this restaurant as the best food and experience of our 5 days in this region.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were a large group, eight in our party meeting with four of our relatives from Italy. I loved the food because it was similar to my grandmothers from this region. I had a carpaccio appetizer that was great and gnocchi that were light and delicious.