“L' Approdo, Just what you need”
Review of Hotel L'Approdo

Hotel L'Approdo
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Anzio
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The wife and I stayed 9 nights at this hotel. I messaged the owner at booking and asked for an ocean view for our 30 year Anniversary. Nino knew me as soon as I checked in and had the ocean view room for us. No obstructions or restricted views. Nino and Angela are always ready to please their guests. They have breakfast included and serve prosciutto on request. Nino also has espresso and cappuccino immediately available. The hotel is 3 walking blocks from the train to Rome and it is about a 1 hour trip. No problems. 10 Euro for a BIRG pass good for all metro transit 24 hours. We had a car and parked all week right in front for free, no issues. He offered up his GPS and map of Italy when we went for a day trip to the Amalfi coast. The hotel is under construction but Nino does not like to bother his guests so it is minimal. As I was leaving the rooftop pool was being filled. The new renovations will be amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime. Although in my humble opinion Anzio is not the most exciting town in Italy but we went there to escape and relax. Mission accomplished. Hope this helps someone. Thanks Nino and Angela. Ciao for now.

Room Tip: Go with the sea view. The waves lapping on the beach are louder than any cars. Sleep with the slidin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skillydoo

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We absolutely loved this hotel. The owners are so lovely, friendly and helpful. The rooms are kept very clean which is nice. We had a room with a sea view which was 100% worth booking. The breakfast area is amazing - on the roof top looking over the whole beach. They serve a great breakfast too. The location of this hotel is perfect. Straight across the road is steps down to the beach and I must say, it is the best beach on the whole stretch. We walked along all the seperate beaches and ours was by far the nicest cove. Cleanest, quietest and prettiest. It is 1.5km from the centre of Anzio which is a nice walk. I recommend to everyone to stay at this hotel. Far better location the any other hotel. :D
I want to go back sooo bad.

Room Tip: I definitely advise you to get a room with a sea-view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KristieJean
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I found proprietors disappointingly disinterested in making our stay excellent. Requests for various things were filled, but with a desultory attitude and kinda of a "do I have to" way about it. Example: It was hot in our room and we wanted to put on the AC. It was not in season and at first they told us, no, we can't have the AC on as their system wouldn't allow it. Later on, they decided, fine, we could turn on the AC, but they were not happy about it and made us feel as if we were asking for a huge favor. Also, noise is an issue. The hotel is next to the sea but there is a two-lane highway between the front of the hotel and the sea and cars goes flying by it all night long (it is Italy). Thus it is not as quiet as one would want and you need the doors shut and the AC on to sleep well. Finally, it is under reconstruction and the workmen are present and scaffolding dominate its view. Overall, they just seemed disinterested in what they were providing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuart G
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I was living in the hotel with my son 16 years in the two single rooms within a week in August, 2012. Pro: very good location - long and sand beach across the street. It is very close to Railway station "Anzio Colonia", about 5 min. walk from this Hotel. Calm, quiet and friendly place to stay with kids and beach vacations.Clear water, cheap and fresh fruit. Only one hour away by train from Rome. A perfect choice for a combined route sights of Rome and a relaxing holiday by the sea. The renovated rooms with a soft and comfortable bed, TV, mini-bar, air conditioning, bathroom. If you need peace and quiet, choose a room overlooking the courtyard. The rooms with a sea view from the noise of cars on the road. But they have a really wonderful view of the sea and the sunset. Contra: Small hotel very popular and very quickly sold. Try to make reservations in advance. Now there is a new reconstruction of the hotel until April next year. This room has no safe-box. Light, mini-bar and air conditioning works only on the hotel card during the stay in the room. Breakfast is small and no hot option. The locals do not speak English. Sometimes there is a misunderstanding of the situation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank nikolaeva_maria
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We just stayed at this small and lovely hotel in Anzio, right on the sea, 30 seconds form the beach.

The hotel is perfectly maintained with modern and clean rooms. The terrace on top where breakfast is served is breath taking with a beautiful sunset view!!

Last but not least the owners are a lovely couple extremely kind and helpful!

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank maxn
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My spouse and I travelled throughout Sicily and the southern half of Italy in early June of this year. On our last night, we wanted to stay within easy driving distance to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, but did not want to stay in Rome itself. We chose to stay in the Hotel l’Approdo in Anzio as it met that requirement. The service we received at the hotel was outstanding, from our arrival in the early evening until our check-out the next morning. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us, including arranging for an early breakfast sitting the morning of our departure so that we could eat before leaving for the airport. The guestroom we were in was a bit small by North American standards, but on par with most European hotels. Breakfast was served in a beautiful rooftop sunroom with a beautiful view out to the Tyrrhenian Sea. While we were there, the hotel was undergoing a major expansion/renovation, with 8 new guest rooms being added, as well as a new rooftop pool and terrace. The construction should be complete before Summer 2013 and it should be stunning when it is done. Overall, we would recommend this hotel for its service, and it should be even better once there renovation is complete.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank famille_enroute
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Clean, comfortable and nice breakfast with good coffee (and I was underwhelmed generally by the coffee in Italy). It's not luxurious but fitted perfectly our requirements as we visited the grave of a relative in the war cemetery. Very helpful staff despite my total and abject lack of Italian. I would happily stay again were I to return to Anzio.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple