“A gem!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Anzio
Adelaide, Australia
“A gem!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I can only echo the reviews below. A gem. The whole top deck made me feel like I was on a cruise ship. It's a huge area with the breakfast room to the front, swimming pool to the back. My favourite spot was the lounging area in front of the centrepiece elevator. There are also balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floors. The beds are firm and linens spotless with the towels changed every day. I was in the original building, so not as high tech as the new wing, but everything is new including the bathrooms and electrics. There is a beach in front, but the cafe was closed as the season was over. The walk into town along the main road takes about 20 mins, alternatively it's possible to walk along the shore line – a bit of scrambling over rocks is involved, but do-able. There are a couple of beaches on the way into town, the larger one offered sunbeds and umbrellas. A big thanks to the whole family for making me feel welcome and relaxed. Ci vediamo – seguro!

Room Tip: I had a room at the back. Very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank DomingoBishop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I didn't know this was the highest rated hotel in Anzio on Trip Advisor when I reserved on Booking.com. It was certainly acceptable, but not spectacular, except for the rooftop pool/sun deck and terrace, which is stunning and beautifully designed and overlooks the sea. This was the main reason for booking the hotel, along with the proximity to the beach (on the water) and the train station. The immediate area isn't much except for the beach (I didn't venture into the town of Anzio) and it's great that it's only a 5 min. walk from the Anzio Colonia train station. The small hotel is a little choppy feeling, there is clearly an older section, where the owner put me, in which the rooms are in need of updating, and a new section, still in the works it seems, which is gorgeous and modern with a great sense of style. I never saw a room in the new section but from the photos here, they look very nice. The large upholstered chair in my room was old and worn and when I lifted up the cushion to see if it was a sofa bed out of curiosity, I was horrified by the filth and debris under the cushion on the bare foam. The bed in my room was hard, I could feel the springs in the mattress and I woke up feeling very stiff and sore the next morning, not a great night's sleep as I'm used to in many hotels, although where I was on the back side away from the road and elevator, it was very quiet. There is no common sitting area except for the breakfast terrace, which is fantastic, overlooking the sea, where I spent a few hours using the free wi-fi which worked pretty well, and no public restroom. After I checked out, I spent some time on the sun deck and had to use the bathroom before leaving to catch my train, and the front desk manager kindly let me use the bathroom in his hotel room, but it felt very strange, a first to not have a common area bathroom. The owner recommended a fabulous restaurant for dinner, the best in Anzio according to reviews, "Antiche Ricette Napoletane," and it was certainly the highlight of my overnight stay and I would return to Anzio just to go to the restaurant. I loved the pool area and while I was lounging up there, the owner brought me bottled water and made sure I had what I needed to enjoy my stay. I just wish he had put me in one of the new rooms for the price of 70 euro for a single in a double room, off season when the hotel was barely occupied, and I wish I had remembered that there were other newer rooms and had thought to ask for one instead of accepting the one he gave me.

Room Tip: select a sea view room in the new section
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank romalaurita
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We found this hotel via Trip Advisor and booked at booking.com. We secured two rooms - one in the new wing and one in an older wing. Both rooms were clean, beautifully appointed, and looked right out on the sea. The entire property was neat as a pin and we were spoiled by the owner and his family. A gorgeous swimming pool on the top floor, with a bar that stayed open past our bedtimes! Stunning views of the shoreline and sea; we walked across the street, down a ramp and right into the sea for an afternoon swim. We were a 30-minute walk to the city center / marina where the restaurants were great value. Terrific service - this hotel is an absolute jem - you've GOT to give it a try!

Room Tip: request an ocean view room and be SURE to sample the owner's hand-made cakes.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Magoo56
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have stayed here three nights.
The room was new, with a terrace.
We have got a room facing the south side which was quiet and sunny.
The air con was working quiet the bed linen and towels white and new, the breakfast on the roof was tasty with local fruits and fresh Italian bakery, and the view is incredible. You feel like sitting just above the sea shore although the hotel is situated on the other side of the street.
Nino and his family were serving us very friendly and helpful.
We asked for late check out because we had a visit of family members and we wanted to enjoy our last day in Anzio again in the beach.
This was agreed by Nino and our room was also cleaned with fresh towels. A service we have never got in other hotels.

Room Tip: we have been in room 35
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ruthchen50
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We've been here for 3 days witb my boyfriend and since the moment we arrived , till we left everything was fabulous! Design of the rooms is amazing, everyting is hi-teck innovated, so u feel yourself tottaly comfortable! When we got up to the roof, we where just spechless! Everything was so beautiful! Incredibly nice pool area with wonderful sunbeds! The see in this area is warm and beautiful, with waves! And from the hotel roof u can observe all the area around you! The staff, the family which hosts this hotel are wonderful, kind, and will help you at any moment! Will bring you knife from their own house for food at night! Parking around hotel is quite safe, you just park your car on the street, and from the balcony you can see it perfectly! Breakfast was ice, european style- yougurts, crossaints, bread, cereal ,variety of fruits and etc!
I would defenetly recomend this place from everyone!
The only littli minus, is location, without rented car it is hard to get anywhere- to city 15 minutes, to station 7 minutes, to supermarket 20 minutes!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AlexandraL94
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Lovely hotel in a beautiful location. Seconds from the beach and with a pool on the roof it is a great summer spot. Breakfasts are tasty too!
The only issue with it is that you are around ten minutes walk from the main bars and restaurants in Anzio, but I would still really recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MaxJB87
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We spent two nights in L'Approdo Hotel at the start of June and found it to be a very pleasant hotel with good service from Nino and Angela. The room was simple but more than adequate, was clean and had a lovely sea view. They were completing some works on the hotel which meant things were not quite as efficient as they will be when completed (I believe they are ready by now). The works didn't bother us and they have certainly made a great investment with new rooms and a beautiful new roof-top pool. Because of the work, there wasn't sufficient room for everyone to have breakfast at the same time - we ended up having a table made up in the small reception area for breakfast. This, however, was not a problem for us and showed a willingness on the part of Nino and Angela to find a solution to a challenge. They were a great couple and Nino even gave us a lift one evening into town which was very kind of him. The hotel is certainly a good place to stay in Anzio. One thing to be aware of is that you need to get off the train at the stop before Anzio central station - we made the mistake of getting off at Anzio centre which meant a long walk with cases to the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front overlooking the sea and the road wasn't a problem for us.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vickstar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anzio
Grand Hotel Dei Cesari
#7 of 11 in Anzio
Astura Palace Hotel
Astura Palace Hotel
#2 of 6 in Nettuno

Been to Hotel L'Approdo? Share your experiences!