“Best pizza around! ”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Best pizza around! ”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

At Antiche Ricette Napoletane I have had the best pizza in ages: the dough was perfectly tender and all the ingredients seemed fresh. The atmosphere is typical for an Italian Trattoria (not like a diner, but a little less posh than a restaurant) and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The waitress who served us was fluent in English which was very helpful due to our limited Italian language skills.
To sum up I can say, that I would come back here anytime and I would recommend the place to friends without hesitation.

• Polish first
Teddington, United Kingdom
“WHAT A FIND!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A party of 11 elderly chaps [5 over 80] were in Anzio to look at the Beaches and terrain for the WW2 invasion. We stayed at a great hotel [L'Approdo: qv for my review], which did not do dinner. The owner recommended us to this place which was just round the corner but not in a street with much passing traffic, so might be missed unless you read Trip Advisor!.

We had an absolute ball !. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we had a wide range of dishes. All were excellent, ( the warm potato crisps were mouth-watering.) We quaffed numerous bottles of wine (More than the number of people!) but still our bill only came to 40 euros a head, including generous tip.

The place was full of local people and I think it would be advisable to book.

Cannot recommend highly enough!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank DeCoucey
Rome, Italy
“Can't wait to go back, fabulous Napolitana food, staff and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I recently spent the night in Anzio and passed the sign for this restaurant and made a note because I love Napolitana pizza and food. Then at the hotel, when I asked for dinner recommendations and the owner said "Antiche Ricette Napolitane", it was confirmed. As this area doesn't have many restaurants and is kind of a sleepy neighborhood after the summer, I didn't expect what I found...the most gorgeously decorated country French style interior that was so warm and welcoming, soft romantic jazz music, and the nicest staff and clientele, very classy start to finish. And I can't say enough about the food...super fresh ingredients, interesting recipes, outstanding quality, delicious and large portions for a great price! I had the zuppa di cozze and it had homemade crusty sourdough bread in it and cherry tomatoes, cooked and seasoned perfectly. The vera Napolitana pizza with buffalo mozzarella was to die for; thought I might take half back to the hotel with me as I was getting full, but couldn't bear to not eat the whole thing while it was hot and so tasty. All this and a large bottle of water for 20 euro. I left stuffed, very happy and eager to return. I would go to Anzio just to eat here again!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank romalaurita
London, United Kingdom
“very very good indeed!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Well this was a very good little restaurant situated in a very residential area. Food is excellent but watch the size of the portions as they are huge and i did struggle to finish my food. the staff are very good also. I can't remember the waitresses name who served us but her English was brilliant as her mum was from Manchester and she did her job amazingly well. You will not be disappointed here.

• Visited August 2013
Rome, Italy
“Really nice!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Nice interior and friendly service. The menu differs from the usual with exciting meals. Pizza the real Napoletan one, high and soooo nice.

Visited July 2013