“Friendly, clean and new”

Bed & Breakfast Antiche Mura
Ranked #2 of 110 Arezzo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had a good stay here. The welcome was very friendly, the room clean and recently furnished. And the location near the duomo is excellent.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stravaiger_12
There are newer reviews for Bed & Breakfast Antiche Mura

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Antiche Mura in Arezzo. The B&B house and rooms are beautifully presented and very comfortable. Barbara and her family were very friendly and great hosts. We thought this B&B was exceptional value compared with other towns and B&B's in Tuscany. The breakfast was served in a bar just up the road where the staff were also very friendly. We would love to return to Arezzo and the Antiche Mura and would recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Recently stayed at this bb for about 6 nights....didnt have a booking..but, due to a urgent situation...they gave me a btful room....for me as a solo traveller......

I was so grateful for their hospitality to me as a solo english speaking traveller.. both Patriscio and Barbara at reception spoke good english and provided me alot of advice on what to see/where to go and accomodated my every request.......the whole family including dad, were very hospitable..and this made my stay at arezzo, warm, easier and welcoming...

Btful lounge area.../u would have to see it/..cant describe it...but, it is intimate, friendly and unique...owners live on site...so for non english speaking travellers...they were of great assistance to me.....loved my stay ....and loved this bb......hope to return one day

Room Tip: if u want absolute privacy...ask for the studio apartment on the roof top...the day i arrived they w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We had a lovely 1 night stay at this delightful bed & breakfast in April 2012. The house was old with lots of character features and the room was very well presented with a nice adjoining bathroom. Breakfast was in a local cafe (just 2 mins up the road) comprising a coffee and pastry. The location was also great - in the old part of Arezzo, just 5 mins from the Duomo.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My wife and I and my wife's sister stayed at B&B Antiche Mura in Oct 2011 following an earlier stay by just my wife and I in mid 2010. Each time the service, ambience, value, location, architecture of the B&B has been wonderful. When I wrote seeking 2 rooms for Oct 2011, Barbara remembered us from our earlier visit and couldn't do enough to make our stay even better the 2nd time. It is a short walk into the heart of the Old Town where we have enjoyed wandering, shopping and dining. One of the breakfast options is to take breakfast in the Cafe that featured in the movie Life is Beautiful. We have loved our time at this B&B so much that we are staying again in October this year with 4 friends who we are travelling through Italy and France with.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KeepMoving_10
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the B&B Antiche Mura at the end of March 2012. Our room was cleaned everyday and reasonably comfortable in size. The only problem in that regard was the shower, which was very small. The bathroom had a step-up at the doorway from the bedroom. Be alert when you get up in the middle of the night. In other areas, we felt that the pillows were too flat and the room lighting was not good enough to read in bed. Breakfast is not provided at the B&B. You are given a voucher to a local place, Duomo Bar. The selection there was OK, but the coffee and service were excellent. The B&B is only manned in the morning and sometimes in the late afternoon hours. This led to a major problem for us.

During our stay the weather was mild, but the room would get hot in the afternoons. When we would return to our room, we would try to turn on the AC or even just put on the fan, but all that would come out would be heat. It seems that the heat- and air-conditioning service in our room is linked to the family's residence above and the family wanted the heat on even with the warm weather. We were out of luck. The son happened to be in the office on two occasions and changed the system over to AC. The next day the system had been put back to heat only. This was a problem, especially when nobody was around one afternoon.

I feel that this B&B does not meet the standards of other 4- or 5-star places. It is an attractive facility, but does not provide the service of other places I have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wweller
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I got lost while driving around in Florence and landed in Arezzo at 11 pm. While looking for a place to stay, I stumbled upon this B&B, and luckily they have spare room for 3 nights. It was awesome place to stay and I was extremely lucky to find this place.

B&B facilities: Very very interesting decoration and very clean. Staff (aka owners) are extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast is served at another shop nearby.

Room: Very big room, nicely decorated and very clean. Bedroom and the living room is seperated and is spacious. Toilet and bathroom are big. All that can be found in a 4 star hotel room, can be found there.

Extremely value for money and definitely will be back there to stay if i ever visit florence again

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple