All reviews his team organic food breakfast and dinner the owner fabulous restaurant on site restaurant old friends homemade pasta light sleeper a special place tuscan countryside reception area two nights our room was spacious san gimignano b bs a wonderful stay
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We are a family of four (2 young girls aged 9 & 11) travelling through Europe. Il Cipresso has been a highlight and I have no doubt that our stay here will remain in our memories forever. The property itself is perfectly manicured and gorgeous. It that is only the beginning.

We stayed in the two rooms on the bottom floor to the left and right of the reception area, girls on one side and us parents on the other. The rooms were large and kept immaculately clean each day by the lovely Christina and Angie who also went to the trouble of setting up the girls’ toys in new and interesting ways each day - it is little touches like these that make all the difference.

The attached restaurant was fantastic and we ate there for 3 nights of our 6 night stay. The food was simple but of the highest quality and from very fresh ingredients. Likewise, the breakfasts were absolutely spectacular and my kids declared that they only want to eat organic sheeps yoghurt forever more for breakfast!

The pool is wonderful. Not huge but so relaxing and peaceful.

The best part for us though, was the wonderful people that work there. Alberto, as has been previously mentioned, is so lovely and warm. He was only too happy to help us with anything we needed at any time, even when he was clearly busy with a million other things going on. Lucia, who served us for breakfast each morning was simply beautiful. Although she does not speak a lot of English, she made such an effort to try for us and with my broken Italian, we always managed to have a lovely conversation every morning. Mattea served us for dinner a couple of times, and again, he was so sweet. The most wonderful, thing about the whole team was that they appear to really, genuinely enjoy themselves in what they do and also with each other. Even while we were eating, you could often hear their laughter ring out from the kitchen where they were often chatting together.

We have stayed in a lot of b&bs and hotels on this 9 week trip, and the team at Il Cipresso by far stands above all others and made our stay there truly something special. We will remember it always and hope to return in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We had a wonderful stay here and we were only sorry that we had only booked for two nights. The grounds and rooms are very impressive. Breakfast is fantastic, and so is dinner - amazing food and service. Our welcome here was exceptional. It was everything that our previous stay in Chianti was not. The staff are all so friendly and welcome you so warmly. Thank you Christina, Angela, Lucia and Matea, and everyone who we met. We would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Stayed there for 2 nights and we loved. We stayed in the room #1 and everything was perfect and we had a blast! I felt on haven. The owner Alberto and the entire staff are simply amazing. They have fun working and that tells a lot. Breakfast is great with several home made stuff (unbelievable made). We ended up having dinner twice there given the outstanding quality of the food. The wines are pretty good and I bought 2 different ones during my check out. The atmosphere of the place is fantastic. No mistake there!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

we stayed here for one night in May 2018, the location is a bit out of town but this more than suited us, as it was so quiet and peaceful. The main building was once the old winery which has now been very tastefully decorated, creating a peaceful and serene escape. Simply appointed bedrooms are spacious, very clean and cool. The highlight for us was the enthusiasm of Alberto the proprietor and host. His excitement was so infectious, he delighted in sharing the story of Cipresso with us. We booked dinner in the evening and were not disappointed, working through the selection of fresh home made starters, a wonderfully fresh caprese followed by home made pasta. The main course was a delicious home reared beef, thinly sliced and delicately cooked, home made breads and cheeses with home made deserts completed the meal. All courses were accompanied by wine from Alberto’s own vineyard, the Aristodemo 2015 Fattoria Il being the highlight. ( also wonderful home pressed Olive oil).
You can choose to stay in an impersonal hotel but when you find a special place which is created with passion, enthusiasm, dedication and love your stay is so much more special, thanks Alberto.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2018

I am not a vindictive person, so I was really dragging to write this review. However I feel obligated as I do not wish to anyone this same experience that I had with Fattoria Il Cipresso.

In September 2017 me and my husband travelled to Tuscany to look for wedding venues for our wedding day end of May 2018. Everyone already warned me to be very careful when doing wedding planning without wedding planner in Italy and especially Tuscany region. I am a Personal Assistant and organise a lot of Global (corporate) events (70 pax +) you would think I would be able to organize my own wedding (30 pax).

We came across Fattoria Il Cipresso via booking.com and we were in the region so we called whether we could stop by to have a look. It was a rainy day in September and when we arrived we were greeted by the friendly Alberto (the owner) and he showed us around and turned on the beautiful lighting and we were sold! The next day I’ve called him to inform him that we wanted to work with him and we wanted to stop by to taste the food and the wines. The next day we had a lovely dinner, Alberto showed us around and we blocked the 2 nights stay of the complete cantina relais and he provided us with his menu prices and wine list prices. We had discussed over email that when all prices are ready we would make a summary to have a contract drafted.

We stayed over the months in touch and we had agreements on the prices that were fixed a lot of details were discussed over email. We were planning to get back end of March/April to finalise the last arrangements and also to go to the party equipment rental place to have everything all ready for the big day. Our wedding invites were sent to all our guests at this time our friends and family had booked their travel to Tuscany. We had an amazing time at our stay at the Fattoria Il Cipresso and Alberto even opened up his home to us when returning in April. Wedding planning could not have been better. The rooms are super nice, the staff is so friendly and warm, we thought we could not wish for more.

4 weeks in advance of our wedding, being 1,5 week back in Amsterdam after our amazing stay at Fattoria Il Cipresso. Alberto dropped us a bomb over email the total price for the wedding doubled. We did not understand where this was coming from and we immediately sent him a reply that we cannot have the wedding there. He came back to the original prices but removed almost everything so we still had nothing… Then the ping pong emails started, a few 100 more for this a 1k more for that, every time we received an email from him it was bad news. I’d analysed his extra costs he and they did not make sense at all and he could not justify the costs.

After a week of ping pong emails we felt the relationship was so damaged we wanted to have a skype call with Alberto to discuss face to face instead of email all agreements we have made now suddenly were of the table or it was not possible. Even the price lists he gave us in September himself they were according to him not valid anymore.

Alberto replied very emotionally, he did not want to have a skype call nor a contract and wished us a very nice life. After a week or so he sent us an email whether we still want to continue or he would release the rooms for the 2 nights on booking.com. I have checked some quotations, that I have received from wedding planners and Fattoria Il Cipresso was way more expensive than what was quoted including the services of a wedding planner, so we were not being cheapskates. We decided to end the cooperation with him as the relationship was so damaged and we felt very uncomfortable. Good luck, bad luck it is all luck, we did not pay any deposit so we were free to walk.

In one week I’d planned my wedding at another venue, sent new invites to our guests and walked away from the drama he has caused. We wish not be treated as cash cows but as human beings. I would not wish this amount of stress to my worst enemy, complete waste of time.

We were very sorry that this happened to us and do not wish did to any couple wanted to get married in Tuscany. It should be the most beautiful time in your life.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple