“When Trip Advisor's Rating System Falls Short”
Review of I Tre Bicchieri

I Tre Bicchieri
Reserve with
I Tre Bicchieri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 488 Restaurants in Arezzo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy
“When Trip Advisor's Rating System Falls Short”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Pity TA's rating system doesn't allow for fractions, I'd rank our meal here a 3.75. We were slightly disappointed by several of the dishes - an octopus antipasto that was underseasoned, and a ragu that was strangely bland. There was thoughtful invention in other very well prepared dishes so we might have to go back and give things another try. Lovely attentive service.

• Visited April 2014

• Serbian first
UK
“Great meal and good atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I went to this restaurant in the centre of town for a personal celebration. We were welcomed into the restaurant despite the fact there was a very large birthday party underway on the table next to us. We were both welcomed with a glass of prosecco on the house. The meal was delightful from beginning to end. Every now and again the chef would come in and explain to the large party behind us the composition of their next course. You could understand his passion for food by the way he described the courses. Service was attentive and efficient which is not surprising as the wife of the chef is in charge of this aspect. Together they own the restaurant. They make a great team and we wish them every success. The total cost of the meal including wine and service was about €48 per head.

• Visited February 2014
Arezzo, Italy
“One of the best restaurants in Tuscany”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

From start to finish, every course was inventive, tasty, and refreshingly magnificient. All seven of us were in complete agreement. One of the best dinners in all of our travels through out a three week Italy trip. The Salmon Antipasta, Anchovy Pasta, Baccala, and Sea Bass for two were all superb. The Sea Bass was presented pre-cooking by Luigi the chef, a frequent visitor to our table to ensure the dinner was exceeing our expectations. Our only regret is that we found this restaurant a day before leaving Italy. Benissimo Luigi. Mille Grazie.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank jabsdca
Bolton, United Kingdom
“classy restaurant”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

very classy restaurant which matches the quality of the food & wine. this restaurant is a must to visit, everything was cooked to perfection.

Visited June 2012
Turi, Italy
“Very Italiano !”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Two days ago I was invited for dinner at “I tre bicchieri” in Arezzo. Two dear Tuscan friends had expressed their desire of having me over for a seafood based dinner for my coming back to Italy after a long time.

Actually during all my trips to Tuscany I have always experienced great meat dishes and top quality wine and olive oil.
I had never had the “fish experience”, as my friends called it.

This little restaurant is runned by a couple of very young Neapolitans: Luigi and Teresa.

After dinner I found out they are indeed from Amalfi, not to far from Naples but already in the province of Salerno: my Italian is a bit rusty.

The luscious antipasti were made of breaded and fried anchovies stuffed with buffalo’s milk ricotta with a lemmon zest.
A “tiepido di mare” (a sort of lukewarm dish) with very tender squid and then octopus in a Chianti classico sauce on stuffed black cabbage. This kind of cabbage can be found only in the region of Tuscany and its flavour is just out of this world.
The carpaccio of Mediterrean Red Snapper or dentice rosa as they named it with soy germ springs and fillet of Sicilian oranges was simply outstanding.

I cannot even begin to describe the taste of the linguine with astice (… and I thought lobsters could only be found in Maine).

As a second course a fillet of ricciola fish baked in the oven with fresh herbs on sautéed spinach.

The dessert took my heart: it was a “nudo (literally naked) of pastiera (the Easter Neapolitan cake made of grains and ricotta)” with cinnamon ice cream and fresh mint.

The wine list was the second big surprise of the night. We had an excellent Fiano di Avellino, a wine I was explained coming from the inner side of Campania up on the hills.

Actually I would have tried more than one from that rich and various list but the time for wine for me was at that point already over.

Teresa was a an excellent host, kind and joyful.

The ambience is cozy and comfortable; the cost is affordable. The ingredients are top quality.

A great surprise. Thanks to my dear friends Claudio and Stella.

I am waiting for you in America!

• Visited April 2012