“a cosy place”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family, my friends and I were surprised to have found a so nice restaurant in the centre of Ascoli: we had lunch and we tasted local dishes (not pizza): food was well-cooked and the ingredients were very good; a very good red wine too! Cosy and silent atmosphere, good prices. So if you are in Ascoli stop here for a meal.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is not your sohisticated gourmet restaurant, and they don’t claim to be. This is a real Italian family restaurant just behind the theatre off Piazza del Popolo with good food and good prices. They are usually full of Italian families having a fun evening out. Their wood-fired oven produces good crispy pizzas, if you don’t load them up with moist toppings. We have had some very good pastas, salads and desserts there and the house wine is very acceptable. We enjoy the outdoor area in the summer. We have never been disappointed in the service and are always warmly welcomed. (Unless you show up on a Saturday night without a reservation-duh.)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I went from the US to Italy and then directly to Ascoli Piceno. The first night, OK it was Saturday, but I was brusquely and quickly "shooed away" by several restaurants. No one wanted to waste a table on a single dining alone. When I got around to looking another night, I vowed not to go to any of the places that turned me away. I walked into AL Teatro, I was warmly greeted and I found great food, great service and nice, friendly people. I had pasta fagioli t hat was wonderful, veal that was cooked to perfection, and some very tasty vegetables. Nice "homey" atmosphere, great food good service, what else can you ask for. Not pricey either. GOOD JOB!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were looking for an outside dining for a large family and wanted to eat pizza. It doesn't show from the outside, but this restaurant has a lovely back garden with plenty of tables. When we arrived around 8:00 the place was quite empty, but within a half hour it was completely packed. I have to compliment the young waitress working there. Patiently she translated the entire menu for us ( 9 people ) and served everyone with a smile. The pizzas were excellent, the house wine was very good and we had fabulous sizzling pork steaks. This is a great place to eat in Ascoli Piceno !

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great pizza - nice little place - good value and all locals when we were there - short walk from Piazza Roma