“Great way to see the Dolomites”

Holimites - Holiday into the Dolomites
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Badia
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Dolomites with us! As tourism experts for several generations, we love sports and know these spectacular mountains like the backs of our hands. Our goal is to organize your next vacation and make it unforgettable!
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Holimites provided a great service and helpful information for my wife and I's trip to the Dolomites. They put together a great hut trip itinerary and had very nice accommodations in Pedraces. The lady who arranged our trip helped us get to the area by providing info about trains and buses. It was very helpful to have some local info since we didn't speak Italian. Great help to visit this amazing area.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed a Holimites guided trail running trip on the Alta Via 1. Booking with the office prior was painless, with prompt replies to all questions. Our guide for the five day trip, Michael, could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We enjoyed the planned itinerary with flexibility to add a few summit hikes on certain days. We also met another guide, Andreas, prior to and during our trip as he was leading another trail running trip that intersected ours on day two. He likewise was local, very warm and a great source of information for the area, culture and history. When we expressed an interest in the WWI tunnels in the area, our guide's mother drove up to our prior night's rifugio to deliver headlamps allowing our visit the next day. This typifies the attention to service and custom trip offerings. Of note to runners, the terrain involves significant climbs and descents, some technical, so as one would expect running is mixed with hiking in certain sections.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We have used Holimites twice, for arranging self-guided itineraries on AV1 and AV2. They arranged transfers to and from each end, and booked good accommodation options each night. We had a good briefing from an enthusiastic and knowledgable guide to explain the route and discuss options. Good friendly service all round.

1  Thank mr_macc605
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I utilized Holimites to coordinate my accommodations and ground transportation for an eight day hut to hut hiking trek through the Dolomite mountains and side trip to Munich. The company made all of my rifugio and hotel reservations and handled my ground transfers. One of their guides; Andreas met with me, plotted out my route on topo maps that he provided, and shared his insights on the trek and trail conditions. Prior to my trip Giorgia worked closely with me over the internet to make sure the trip met all of my expectations.
The logistical support made for a stress free two weeks allowing me to focus on enjoying my trip. I ran across a group from AZ who were on a guided trail running trip with Holimites and they had nothing but good things to say about the services that were provided.
I strongly recommend the company for anyone planning a trekking, trail running or biking excursion into the Dolomites.

1  Thank Tom O
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My adult daughter and I hiked the Holomites self-guided package "Best of Alta Via 1 & 2" in Sept. 2012 and it was the trip of a lifetime. Holomites came recommended to us but I did some shopping around anyway for comparison. Based on my research comparing 4 of the top Dolomites guides, Holomites came out on top based on price, location, and trip details. I am very glad I went with them!

They were very responsive by email and setting up the trip was easy. One of the guides met us at dinner in Badia the night before and spent over 2 hours going over every step of the trek with a detailed map. In addition to the good map, well marked trails, and contact information for all the rifugios, we felt confident knowing Holomites was a local business and right in the area if we needed them.

The scenery was jaw-dropping, trails were excellent, and the rifugios were friendly, comfortable, and served great meals. What a treat to roll into your inn in late afternoon after hiking all day, take a shower, change clothes, and sit on the deck in the sunshine with a beer!

We enjoyed I so much I am returning with a larger group in Fall 2013 to hike a different route. Speaking of which, Holomites will work with you to set up a customized route to fit your needs. See photos of the trip at http://www.flickr.com/photos/8711600@N03/sets/72157631566923775/

5  Thank Mark_in_Alaska