“the only ordinary thing is the name”

Ristorante Del Lago
Price range: US$42 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Pesaro, Italy
“the only ordinary thing is the name”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

You can see the heading as a half empty glass, the name "Ristorante del Lago" is a quite common name for a restaurant. But the half full glass is the rest, everything here can be painted by the words quality, competence and passion.
So, don't linger on the name too much, because it's just a label, perhaps a family tradition, and, among creativity and modernity, coherently few traditional dishes are inserted in the menu.
And don't get upset by the entrance: just passed the bar you'll be in the dining room.
My advice is to trust the dishes of the day, and to commit the beverages choice to the young and pleasant sommelier, especially if your wine knowledge is as meager as mine. Otherwise, there should be a wide assortment on the wine list (I only had a quick look at it).
Talking about our dinner, I can say hooray for the starters; excellent Jerusalem artichoke velvet sauce, delicious potatoes cake with pecorino and truffles. The waiter told me that, by matching the sauce with a glass of biodynamic-holistic wine, it is possible to walk upon the lake's water. Unfortunately, that gloomy night I hadn't the guts to test my faith.
Anyway, all that is served is briefly explained and aesthetically gifted. High quality ingredients and homemade bread, I remember a Dead Sea salt too, but I'm not sure about it.
In the end, after a fine dessert with chocolate and homemade orange jelly, we got happily surprised by the bill. However, you can find additional informations about dishes and food quality in the previous (all positive) reviews.
Good food, well cooked, professional staff, glass is all full, of good wine too. I think this locale deserves a deviation from the E45 highway, and, if prices won't grow up, probably is worth a wandering from the crowded Romagna coast.

Thomas Douteux