I am writing this on behalf of my daughter who stayed July 2012.
Booked an apartment, 2 adults, 1 x 2 year old. Size of apartment is very good, separate bedroom, plenty of wardrobe space. Lovely bathroom with proper hair dryer, not tube.
Room is large, sofa bed for 2 year old, they were given a cot after 1st day, so dont know whether they could have got away with a smaller apartment, but they were happy with what they had. Open plan room, tiled floor, with kitchen, round table and chairs to sit on, sofa bed and flat screen television etc. There was also a television in the bedroom.
Furniture is lovely, was asked to pay £150 or Euro (not sure which) deposit in case of breakages, not aware of this at the time of booking, room was checked over before they left, all OK, BUT had to ask the reception for their £150 deposit back!
Outside was easy chairs and loungers, also there was wooden sliding shutters to cover your bedroom windows to keep sun out which I thought was a good idea, as well as the curtains inside.
This is a large complex, but has a quiet area, lovely pool that overlooks Lake Garda and seating around the gardens.
You can order bread on site for the following day. You can also get snacks, pizza, chips etc for lunch. They did not dine in the restaurant, they decided to walk into Bardolino centre and use the many restaurants there. The walk into Bardolino centre is down the hill from the complete to the roundabout in the main road, cross over road at crossing, take care as not all stop to let you over, then cut through the car park, turn left at the bottom of car park towards the Nettuno Hotel. If you walk in front of the Nettuno's main entrance, this is a quiet road and you can cut 10 minutes off your time into town, as this takes you directly into the town centre, or you can walk around the headland along the lake side.
They used the camp site shop to the side of the Nettuno a couple of times, also the supermarket on the main road next to Christina Colour Hotel, the supermarket also has an upstairs, my daughter said they sell everything you could possible need. There is also a little deli shop in Bardolino in the street down from the church (not the one in main square).
They enjoyed their stay, wanted to go self catering with having the 2 year old.
(This part is nothing to do the the apartments)
At the time of booking through Inghams they were asked if this was a special holiday, they were going for their honeymoon, Inghams marked it down at the time of booking, my daughter thought there might have been flowers or fruit in room, but no, so why ask. Also there was suppose to be a free trip included in the price of her holiday which they never got (I dont think they were that bothered, but you need to watch out in case the same thing happens to you , at least the rep should have told them about it and leave it up to them to decide if to go or not, so if you book through Inghams ask about the deposit for breakages and the trip info.
They would go back to the Parc Germano again, this type of holiday was the best option for them, they would not have felt comfortable in a hotel, they tried that last year but decided on self catering, and the freedom to eat when & where they wanted.
Dont forget, there is now an additional tax paid directly to your hotel/apartment from June - Sept - 1 euro per person per night in a 4* resort to be paid in cash, under 12 year olds do not pay, this came into effect this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent gentle slope fronting Lake Garda, few steps from Bardolino and the lake.Parc Hotel Germano Suites & Apartments introduces a new concept in hospitality: the architectural lines were designed to integrate the new residential building with the natural undulating of the ground. A firm non-acceptance of an high-impact architecture. All suites and apartments have been conceived to offer the maximum comfort, thanks to a new desire of great convenience for the guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Parc Hotel Germano Suites & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc Hotel Germano Suites And Apartments
- Parc Hotel Germano Apartments
- Parc Resort Germano Apartments
- Parc Hotel Germano Suites & Apartments Bardolino, Lake Garda, Italy