Look Bardolino I believe can be a beautiful place - I just didnt see that side of things purely because we went in a period where the town is 'still not open for tourists'. If you have your own car this place can be great even in the 'dead' season but without a car you are basically stranded or victim to 30EUR cab rides from Peschiera del Garda (closest train station) or 60EUR cab ride from Verona (the number of this cab was given to us by the receptionist). Hotel is good, staff are nice but do not expect them to go that 'extra mile' to help and the rooms are quite nice and definitely large. And considering all the bad reviews the restaurant I have to mention that it actually is not bad considering all the other places in the area are purely tourist traps - but that is to be expected. Just as an FYI - we only stayed the weekend so maybe with a bit more time (and better weather - raining for 2 days) you have a better chance to explore the area and find a nice local restaurant for italians - these are the restaurants where you will always enjoy real italian cuisine.
In summary - I am only disappointed because we went during a bad time of year - otherwise i think this place must be fantastic and a lot of fun.
PS: day trips to Verona are only 30min by car or 14 min by train and make sure to have your own car (or rent one) when visiting - it will help during the quieter months of the year when the buses and ferries are non existent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent gentle slope fronting Lake Garda, few steps from Bardolino and the lake.Parc Hotel Germano Suites & Apartments introduces a new concept in hospitality: the architectural lines were designed to integrate the new residential building with the natural undulating of the ground. A firm non-acceptance of an high-impact architecture. All suites and apartments have been conceived to offer the maximum comfort, thanks to a new desire of great convenience for the guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Parc Hotel Germano Suites & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc Hotel Germano Suites And Apartments
- Parc Hotel Germano Apartments
- Parc Resort Germano Apartments
- Parc Hotel Germano Suites & Apartments Bardolino, Lake Garda, Italy