“Average campsite, great location”

Camping Cisano San Vito
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This was my first visit to Lake Garda and the area was absolutely stunning. The sunset each evening was breath-taking.

We stayed with Thomson Al Fresco. The Rossini Lux was really clean and in a superb location (No.1). On the double bedroom side there was a field with olive trees and a small vineyard. At the front we had a small space for three cars, which hardly moved and one of which was mine. Lynda the rep is excellent, very helpful and knowledgeable. She is quite proactive in dropping by and ensuring that everything is ok.

The campsite itself is very well located and serves as a good base. It’s split over two sites and I was glad to be staying in Cisano rather than San Vito, it is slightly prettier and where the larger pools are located. The site is split by a main road with some traffic noise audible from our caravan. There are tunnels providing access so no need to worry about crossing the roads.

The emplacements around us were reasonably generous for an Italian site (in my experience).

The facilities on the campsite are limited. In some places also a bit scruffy. The pools are smallish and I didn’t think they were very clean. In the kids pool there was quite a bit of algae around the edges and the steps were wobbly. The adult pool in comparison was highly chlorinated. The pool bottoms and sides were quite chipped. I’ve been to two sites before this one (Portofelicie and Norcinni Girasole) and would say poolwise this is the least well appointed. Having said that there were two slides which were just the right size for my 6 year old and attentive life guards on duty all day. It is however, easy to find a spot nearby on the lake with numerous little beaches and grassy areas. The lake was good for swimming in.

The campsite and I would say also the local area is geared up to cater for German tourists, tbh I found myself saying Guttentag more than anything else. I was frequently greeted in restaurants and shops in German.

Food in the local area was fairly standard price I’d say 4.50E – 8.00E for a pizza, but I found the drinks extortionate with 2.50E – 4.00E for a coke. I live in London which is cheaper! The campsite restaurants are convenient, but not much else. I had a steak last night with rosemary potatoes which were like Aunt Bessie’s. I also had a salad with parmesan which was like wax and had to ask for it to be changed twice before I got some fresh stuff.

Entertainment is limited. There is a mini disco in the evening for the young children which is standard fare in these places and went down well with my daughter. Other than that there was a kid’s talent show and kid’s karaoke, great if you are a proud parent and torture if you aren’t. There were also a couple of mimed shows, Grease and the Blues Brothers which were quite fun. The animation team work very hard. I did have to have a word with one of them as I found her putting on a ridiculous English accent quite offensive, but she was very apologetic.

The site is located in a great spot with a short walk to Cisano (10mins), Bardilino (30mins) and Laizie (20mins). All three places had a range of restaurants and were really quite pretty. Cisano has a ferry service albeit limited and it’s possible to get a boat from there to Bardilino which has a greater number of destinations.

For shopping each of the local towns have a market day and they are worth a look. Bardilino has some nice little shops, we bought most of our presents to take home there. Sirmione also has some nice shops and as a place is absolutely lovely with ample parking on the approach. You can’t drive into the town itself. Such a gorgeous place and somewhere I’d like to go back to.

Thanks to Lynda’s recommendation we visited Gardaland in the evening, the entrance fee is half priceish and the most important thing, it is a little cooler. It was well worth the visit and we really enjoyed it.

Again another one of Lynda’s recommendations was a thermal water park. What a lovely place with two huge warm lakes and various water massage areas.

There is the usual 11pm curfew for cars but the staff were very accommodating providing me with a safe place to park when I came back late one evening.

I would probably come back to this area but wouldn’t base myself here again. I'm very cautious about writing anything which would put off those who have already booked and these reviews are entirely relative to people's preferences. I prefer a larger site with more facilities, eg a gym. However, as a base this is a really good spot and very likely to guarantee a great holiday.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AllisonLondon

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed for10 days in June/July with family and absolutely loved everything about this campsite and its location, we stayed in a Keycamp mobile on the San Vito side and were only a few minutes walk from main reception and supermarket. Camp was spotless and very peaceful, no noise or loud music at night. Reception very helpful with booking excursions to Opera in Verona Arena, Venice ect with tour bus picking you up and dropping you off outside the main gates of the campsite. The two restaurants are very reasonably priced (Meal for 4 with soft drinks approx 45/50 Euro ) and also offer a take away service. Very easy to travel around the lake, you can buy bus tickets from any shop with a T sign outside and it will cost you 5 Euros to Verona, there is a free bus runs to movieland and the bus stop is on the main road through Cisano,you can also get a ferry boat to any part of the lake from Cisano for a few Euros from the shop on the lake front.Movieland is a great day out for all ages and try not to miss the Rambo show. The campsite has a very relaxed feel and within easy walking distance from the lakeside. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MEEKEEDOH
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We've just come back from 13 nights at Camping Cisano San Vito and it was great!
At first we weren't 100% happy with it as it's a split site with a road between the camping Cisano and camping San Vito but it's not a main road and there's a useful underpass which is the safest way to get between the 2 sites especially if children are moving around the campsite unsupervised.
The lake is wonderful and great for the kids to play in. It's situated between 2 beautiful towns, Bardolino and Lacise, definitely worth visiting. Both are walking distance which was good for us as we didn't hire a car there. There's also a LIDL on the way to Bardolino, again very useful as the campsite supermarket is expensive.
The only downside was that there wasn't too much you could hire on the lake. There are pedaloes about a five minute walk towards Lacise but that was about it and we thought it would be easy to hire kayaks, windsurfers and boats.
The swimmings pools are lovely,three together and something for all ages plus you can actually swim lengths quite easily in the main pool.
There's also volleyball for the adults and older children which is well run, a big football pitch, table tennis tables, a kids playground and an inflatable play area which is inflated at night but it does cost £3.50 per child to use it so can work out quite expensive.
The weather was really hot about 35 degrees on average so be prepared. By 3pm it's at its hottest and you will just want to get back in your mobile home or be in the water.
The evening entertainment was excellent especially for children as the team who run it are just so good with children and do an hour disco for children each evening before the main entertainment. There was a brazilian dance night and a film quiz which was very entertaining.
There's tonnes of Dutch people on the site and quite a few Germans so at first i was a bit worried that my kids wouldn't have any English kids to play with but they soon made friends with some Dutch kids and also in the second week met some English and Irish kids but it's 80% non English (not a bad thing) which we didn't expect beforehand.
I would recommend this site as it's in a lovely situation and Lake Garda is spectacular but certainly where we were (in a Canvas mobile home), there was a fair bit of road noise which did keep my wife awake at times. There's also a fair bit of walking to do as most of the English companies like Canvas and Keycamp are on the San Vito site so you do have to walk across to the Cisano site to get to the pool and the Lake but you soon get used to it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank spellerd
A TripAdvisor Member
Belfast
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was our first time on a campsite style holiday but we will definitely consider doing it again! We stayed for 10 days which felt like a good length of time to spend quite a few days by the pool/lake and also a chance to explore Lake Garda.
The campsite itself was a good size - not too big but with plenty to keep the kids busy and my boys (aged 9 and 5) really enjoyed the pool and swimming in the lake. The animation scheme was run by one of the German tour companies but they spoke English and made an effort to include all nationalities. At the time of our visit, the campers were predominantly Dutch, Danish or German which did make it a little difficult for our kids to make friends.
The accommodation was pretty much what we had expected and was nice and clean. The Thomson caravans are in a good location on the site - just up the road from the pool and Supermarket.
The nearest village, Cisano, was just a 10 minute walk which the kids could manage without too much complaining. There is not much there, however, other than a couple of restaurants and a newsagents. This is where we walked to catch the bus to Movieland, Gardaland and also the boat to other towns on the lake. We did walk to Bardolino one day and it took about half an hour but this included stops for ice-cream and paddling to cool us off! I would recommend using the boat to get around the lake but we did feel that if we calculated the cost of all the boat and bus fares that it may have been worthwhile to hire a car!
A day trip we all really enjoyed was when we took the boat from Cisano to Malcesine at the north end of the lake (about a 2 hour journey). It was just a 10 minute walk through the town to the Cable car station which took us to the top of Monte Baldo. We had about a 25 minute wait in the queue for the cable car but we all feel it was worth it - the views were fantastic and it was nice and cool!
We also had an enjoyable day at Movieland - just 15 minutes away by bus. We opted for the half day in Movieland (a good selection of rides and very little queueing!) followed by a half day in the Waterpark (a bit more queuing here). We also stayed for dinner at the Medieval Times which was great fun and we would highly recommend.
Gardaland has a reduced entrance fee after 6pm (it's open until 11pm) which worked well for us as our kids were not really old enough to go on many of the rides.
All in all, we found Cisano to be a good choice for our first time in Italy!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Thomson Al Fresco
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed for a week and had a lovely break .Stayed in a super nova wich was big enough for 4 adults, very clean and had everything you need. campsite very nice and clean, lovely to sunbathe on the edge of the lake, handy shop ,two nice swimming pools. A lot of nice places to visit, not an expensive place to stay, food and drink really cheap.Staff on campsite ( key camp) Tom and Vicky lovely helpfull people, nothing to much trouble.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank itchyperson
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Stayed here for a week with Venue holidays, 3 bedroom mobile home was brilliant, had air conditioning too which I would think would be great in higher season when its really hot, we only needed it once though. Decking area was lovely, plenty of room for the 5 adults who stayed there. Only concern I would have is that the mobiles are pitched very close together, so you would need to get on with your neighbours! The walk along the lake to Lazise and Bardolino were lovely, brilliant views up to the Dolomites. Reception staff on the camp site were extremely helpful, especially when I realised I hadn't printed off our boarding passes for coming home again. They gave me access to a computer and printer so that I could do it there with no problem at all. The Venue rep Simon is very good and knows his stuff as he has been doing this job for several years now. Always available when needed. We booked a taxi transfer from Bergamo airport and back again to save the hassle of public transport, the company we used were www.lakegardataxi.com The driver Cesare speaks excellent English and was very reliable, and it was cheaper than the other ones I found online. The site is set on a hill, so if you have walking problems and are put at the top of the site its not ideal, but my 78 year old parents managed ok. Found eating out quite expensive, but if you head down the road to Bardolino there is a Lidl store where you can buy most things you need at reasonable prices. If you walk along the lake towards Bardolino, pass through the boat yard, and there is a path a few yards further on through to the main road. Lidl is opposite there. If you want use of the pool, you do need to wear swim hats, these can be bought in the camp site supermarket.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ann48
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I am just back from a ten day holiday at Cisano San Vito, we stayed with Thompson Al Fresco, and it was first class. We were really impressed with the standard of the mobile, it was very clean and spacious. It was very well equiped and the air conditioning was great and well needed! The beds were very comfortable and the kitchen area was very good. Linda the rep was very helpful and one of the most pleasant people we met whilst there. Nothing was too much trouble for her. The site itself was excellent. Our 4 yr old son throughly enjoyed the swimming pool, which was well guarded at all times. The pool did get very busy at times, but we always managed to get a sun lounger. Both the restaurant and shop on site were really good, especially the restaurant which does excellent pizzas! The lake is only a few mins walk from the mobile and is breathtaking. The site is in an ideal position for both the towns of Lazise and Bardalino, we preferred Lazise, a charming town with ice cream palours to die for! We really recommend Cisano and do hope to return.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank siubhanferry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardolino
Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort
6 mi away
Camping Butterfly
Camping Butterfly
#9 of 36 in Peschiera del Garda

Been to Camping Cisano San Vito? Share your experiences!