“Well worth the 1/2 hour walk to get there, nice views over the lake on the way.”

Zeni Winery and Wine Museum
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Bardolino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Zeni winery is located on the first hill beside the city center of Bardolino. From 1870 the Zeni Families have been dedicated in to the growing of the local vines and in to the production of the veronese classical wines. This wines are: Bardolino, Custoza, Lugana, Soave and Valpolicella, where inside the classical area the family has one more winery. From 1991 inside the winery in Bardolino is located the Wine Museum, a collection and proof of the local and ancient veronese wine tradition. The Wine Museum and adjacent Vinoteca are free entry for all individual visitors. For groups of 10 or more people the reservation is required. For both individual visitors and groups we required the reservation also for the visit of the entire winery.
Preston, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 321 helpful votes
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visit the museum every year when on our holidays. It is very informative especially on the history of winemaking in the area. The modern machinery is fascinating to watch especially the massive bottling machine. We enjoyed a glass(or two) of wine before returning via the Olive Museum, a further 1/2 hrs walk.

Visited June 2014

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The Zeni land and museum is absolutely beautiful and the wine is amazing and well-priced. However, what REALLY stood out was the friendly service!!! These people clearly love their job and want to share their interests with others! I will definitely go back and bring others!

2 Thank Hanna H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Open Cantina”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Regularly I bring family and friends to Zeni. The Open cantina is a good chance for them to sell a lot of wine and bring in new customers. Mostly there are tourists going in and out of Zeni every day during the summer. It's a hopping place. In fact I like it.
The one star today is the customer service. Normally it's been very professional and kind of fun. But today was not fun at the museum nor the red wine post. A wine I really like is costalago red. My husband costalago white. We had a special chance to taste cruino (a red) so he brought me a second glass. And I was going upstairs to get him a second of white. Fine. I filled his glass to a proper drinking size and was told off by the wine server that I was only allowed one tappet full. It wasn't a pleasant situation following. Because then I wanted to order an Amarone to drink downstairs and listen to the music. But I as told it was impossible. I couldn't bring the tasting glass downstairs. I could bring the one I purchased back up and down. I was feeling quite isolated.
Unfortunately for my situation I've worked customer service most of my life, and if after a confrontation if someone or someone's husband comes back to speak to me about my possible rudeness, it's made up with not just an apology to the husband but a solution to the request of the customer.
Allora, we left and I'm not happy. Here is one star for rudeness. Too bad I couldn't stay and listen to the beautiful music a bit longer with my all time favourite wine Amarone della Valpolicella doc Barriques.

2 Thank Colette W
Lorenzo O, Social Media Manager at Zeni Winery and Wine Museum, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mrs Colette,
First of all thanks for your visit.

We are really sorry about Sunday and your opinion about our customer service.
Once a year we organize this special event “Cantine Aperte”, in order to welcome a lot of people and show them our job, our wine culture, our traditions and also to have fun!
During this event we choose some of our wines, that better represents our territory, above all Bardolino wine region and we serve them in our Sala Bottaia and vineyard as well.
For example during this edition we have served two Bardolino Chiaretto (incl. the sparkling one that has won the gold medal at Mundial du Rosé), two white wines and six red ones, asking only 5.00 euro/persons for the purchase of the glass with shoulder bag but without any limit of wine tastings.
For this special occasion our wine shop was open all day but we would like to separate the “party” to the traditional tasting area.
As a matter of fact in our shop it’s also possible to taste the entire range of our wines (31 different labels), most of those free of charge but of course we have to put some limits about the doses. We aren’t a pub, we are only glad to give our clients the possibility to taste our products before eventually to buy them.
For this reason the colleague has propose you to taste the Amarone della Valpolicella in the wine shop, because we don’t serve it during the event and also because you have already another wine in your event-glass.
However we thank you for your remark, every suggestion for us is really important to improve always more our service.
Of course we hope to welcome you again and for further info we remain always at your disposal!
london
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“very nice good wine experience”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Worth coming to this lovely we winary, with a small but Free museum and nice wine tasting area. The free wines area ok, but the paid for tasting is much better. Could do with an actual bar so you could but a full glass of wine and look over the lake. Defiantly worth a visit

Visited May 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“For Wine Enthusiastic”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was a very enjoyable, informative, with a nice selection of wines to try at the end. I would strongly recommend this tour to any italywine lover. Very good wine to taste (Surcharge). Enjoied very much the 'amarone'.

Visited September 2013