Aqualux Hotel Spa & Suite Bardolino
US$343
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Maria(Bardolino)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$222
US$212
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Hotel du Lac et Bellevue(Bardolino)
US$284
US$272
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort(Bardolino)
US$275
US$144
US$141
  • Pool
1,225 results
All reviewsaqua roomgarden suitepool areabubble bedson arrivalwater featureslake gardaamazing hotelshort walkunderground parkingmodern facilitiespools are lovelyhalf boardair conhigh standardlittle thingsreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at the aqualux, greeted by welcoming staff with a glass of prosecco. Cannot fault this hotel, facilities were spot on and the rooms look exactly like those in the brochure.
The food was fantastic with lots of true Italian food.
We did appear to be the only English couple there but everyone was friendly, staff always greeted us when they passed and were very helpful with any information we needed.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, surroundings were beautiful and easy access to transport links into Verona. Made our honeymoon everything we wanted and more!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank WRSTaylor
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I spent three days in this hotel and I enjoyed it very much. The room and the entire hotel was very clean and in very good conditions. The staff at the reception was very friendly end welcoming.
Breakfast buffet had a wide selection including fresh squeezed fruit/vegetables juice.
A + is also the free parking in the garage. Wifi is complimentary only the common main area :(
The pool area was nicely done and the guest where spread out in different area which did not give the feeling of being in an overcrowded area. All in all I can recommend this place!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After arriving from Verona. Booking in was fine -nice touch of being offered a glass of prosecco. On way to room , workmen were working in the corridor - wires hanging down above our heads and bits of wire on the floor when entering the room we thought lovely -then went on the balcony which overlooked a car park where residents emptied their rubbish in fact someone had put a rubbish bag on the roof of a car -not nice to look at! Noticed a stain on the sofa too. Tea n coffee tray seemed to be full of fruit tea except one English tea bag with no creamer/milk and only one sugar. Pool area lovely and well maintained - but no a available Sun lounges - dread to think what August would be like! Pool bar food standard but service not great in fact we got served after people on tables either side of us sat down after us! Then realised that it didn't matter to them as 10% was automatically added to the bill anyway. Great location for Bardolino and train station.

First night's air con worked lovely but seemed not to after that! Breakfast was good with a great selection of food and staff very polite. Knock at the door - the room maid asking if we needed anything and I said yes please some English tea and creamer only to be given more fruit teas and there were no creamers on her trolley so no tea for us!

Next morning - realised we were out of toilet roll - surely a 4* Hotel should leave a spare one? Air con hadn't worked the previous night either. Went n sat on the balcony it was raining (not hotel`s fault) but towels and balcony soaked because water was coming through a gap in the join between the outside wall and balcony _ bad design fault!

Went to breakfast and had to wait to sit down. Came upstairs to shower - then had a power cut so couldn't see to do my hair! When hubby called reception they said it was the weather that had caused it and the air con problem. I would hazard a guess it was the fact the work was being carried out on our corridor!

We asked to extend our room but Hotel was full so not Hotels fault. But told we could use the spa for €28 - didn't do it purely on principle as I would have thought in view of the problems they would have offered that as a gesture of good will and I certainly wasn't going to ask!

....

Room Tip: Wouldn't have overlooking pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank evanscl
Direzione_albergo, Direttore at Aqualux Hotel Spa & Suite Bardolino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Evanscl,
thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to read about your complains. First of all the hotel is located in the center of a village and it is surrounded by private houses and parking place. Therefore it is quite normal to see public rubbish corner in this kind of situation. You booked a room category which faces on village and parking area.
Every year we cleaned deeper all sofas with special steam cleaner but unfortunately few stains cannot be removed. If clients would play more attention these kind of stains would not be there.
The coffee & tea tray is replaced every day with a standard quantity of items. If clients would like have more they just call the housekeeping. I did an investigation and found out that you asked for more English tea and they gave it to you. I will inform the architect about your note with the balcony.
Power was cut for a second ..sometimes it is useful to have a little bit of more patience ..
Toilet roll is always located under the sink in each bathroom. I investigated about 10% added to the bill…… no idea of that….. we do not add any 10% actually!
Many hotels with Spa do not allow clients on check-out to stay longer in SPA areas. We do it with an extra charge of € 14 per person and give towels and bathrobe. Service has a price.

I wish you to spend a very nice summer and if you would like to come and visit Aqualux Hotel Spa Suite & Terme again you will be welcomed.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Aqualux is a fairly new property, it's only about two years old, so everything is still really new and fresh. The rooms are a pretty nice size, given how small European rooms can be. Although, I couldn’t get my room cold enough to suite me. The grounds are well manicured and well taken care of. I also really loved the many pools and outdoor spa areas that encompassed the property. The larger main pool had both indoor and outdoor areas that were divided by a portal in one of the main buildings. As for the food, I really, really enjoyed "The Grill room" for lunch, they had an a amazing prosciutto with melon and great pasta dishes. Overall great property that was fairly close to the Lago and all the activities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Randy C

Dear Randy C,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your stay with us and I’m happy to know that you appreciated a lot our hotel, facilities and food.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

For health reasons I booked this thermal hotel with jacuzzis and spa only to find the water in the pools extremely cold to normal.I had hoped to swim for at least 1 hour a day .The panorama jacuzzi looked spectacular but in 6 days I didn't see anyone use it . The staff explained it was an ecological issue ,it is 32 degrees in winter but not heated in summer. The huge jacuzzi near the main pool bubbled away all day ....Nobody used it ...too cold.Not very ecological.They should have used the energy to heat it ! The large swimming pool would have been my dream come true but it was only used by a few hardened swimmers...really cold ! The kids pool was ok but not suitable for swimming and the indoor pools were ,yes you guessed it too cold for long swims.
The aqua experience was more than disappointing , the indoor breakfast eating area was like a school dinner room, and the request not to put towels or personal items on the balcony to dry was an outright affront. Ecological , "terme" hotel , who are they trying to kid.
For holiday makers who want to lie lie sardines around a pool with a quick cool off the this could be the hotel for you , but if you are looking for a thermal experience forget it.

Room Tip: Don't book aqua room near the indoor pool ,the constant background noise from the heating/ air conditioning is annoying
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank 58Sugar
Direzione_albergo, Direttore at Aqualux Hotel Spa & Suite Bardolino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear 58Sugar,
As far as Terme concerned I confirm you that water of our swimming pools (except for salty swimming pool) has been Thermal certified by the National Institutions and if you would like to receive this certification we will be pleased to send it to you.
If I were you and I was looking for special thermal location for “health reasons” I wouldn’t have looked at Bardolino destination at all. Those locations are Sirmione or Abano Terme, Montegrotto, Montecatini , Salsomaggiore ..the famous ones.
Thermal water at Aqualux Hotel is suitable for skin diseases such as psoriasis . It is full of calcium, magnesium, bicarbonate and bacteriological pure water. It is not clear at all from your feedback which kind of health reasons you had…… the only complain you underlined was the cold water. About that I would like to inform you that water is 28°C which in summer season is really a standard.
During your stay weather conditions were not good therefore water seemed to be too cold. But it is July.
Indoor breakfast eating area is large open space room surrounded by large windows face on the beautiful garden and decorated by green chairs and plants…. Pupils would be very much glad to enjoy such a school dinner room….. I guess.
Is it an affront to ask for …..elegance? Do you think that it is a nice decoration to see all towels on each room balcony ? I think that it is an…educational suggestion we ask for!! You could put your towels on the chairs or even go to our SPA Reception and ask for a dry ones the day after. This service is at your disposal at our Spa.
Have a nice summer .