I stayed here for three nights in November on a business trip. I have stayed here several times before when visiting a supplier from Belluno.
It's a good functional hotel on the edge of Belluno's old quarter. There is limited parking at the hotel in the courtyard but there is public parking in a nearby piazza and a few parking bays just outside.
The rooms are quite large, clean and comfortable. They are well equipped although the TV only shows Italian channels.
There is no hotel restaurant for an evening meal but there is a small breakfast room on the third floor. The lack of restaurant is not a problem as there are quite a number of decent restaurants just a short stroll away and a very good restaurant immediately adjacent to the hotel itself who specialise in fish
I have 3 criticisms of the hotel on this visit.
1. On entry the room smelt a bit of cigarette smoke but this is Italy and smoking is a habit many Italians have yet to kick. After a few minutes I didn't notice it any more
2. The room was a bit cold and the under-floor heating inadequate. However a word with reception quickly resulted in a fan heater appearing in the room
3. The shower cubicle was a bit bijoux (but OK)
But these are minor niggles and I would happily stay here again
Belluno is not really a tourist town but I have always liked it, particularly the old quarter. If you are near Venice or on your way up to Cortina or the Dolomites in general, drop in and give it a look. maybe spend a day and night there, it's a real taste of Northern Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Albergo delle Alpi", completely renovated and located in the downtown, offers its guests every comfort in a warm and refined atmosphere. Its rooms are all equipped with private bathroom, color TV with satellite, internet access with Wi-Fi, mini-bar, independent heating between bedroom and bathroom, air conditioning, direct access telephone. For families with babies are also available cots with its linen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albergo Delle Alpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.