“Decent Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped in for lunch with another couple. We shared two antipasto which were both very good. Our friends each ordered a pizza. Both friends thought their pizzas were average, very good thin crust cooked perfectly but the truffles on one pizza did not have a discernible taste, and anchovies on the other pizza did not differentiate that pizza from a similar pizza in any other pizzeria. My wife and I ordered a mixed seafood platter for two which included fish from Lake Bolsena. We found this to be well prepared and were happy that we had ordered this dish. We found the service to be pleasant and appropriate in timing. We recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Doug B

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I visited the restaurants four times in July with my girlfriend. We went here twice for lunch, twice for dinner. My Girlfriend had Pizza on three and pasta on one occasion, I had pizza on three and eel cooked in wine on one occasion.
The trattatoria is cosy located in a side street close to the centre of Bolsena. The service is fair enough, and the house wine fair, but not exceptional. The pizza on the other hand was the best we had on our trip to Italy, and the far best in Bolsena. We did try several of the varieties but the Diavolo stood out as the far best option. The pizza dough, and hence the pizza (flat)bread was delicious, ample amounts of sauce and enough cheese and salami to make you happy. The size was large enough to avoid the desert, and I’m a gourmand (not to be mixed with gourmet). The pasta dish was above average and the eel fair enough, though it might have been because it was my first eel in wine, and it was a bit strange.

I would recommend not having red wine, as it often come room tempered (close to 30 degrees Celsius in July).
If ever back in Bolsena I will come again.

1  Thank Reisende_Oslo
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We ate here 2 nights in a row during our recent stay in Bolsena. The atmosphere is great and the prices are very reasonable. One night we tried one of their salads off of their list of about 20 possible salad combinations. This was the first time I experienced this in Italy. Our choice was huge, plenty for 2 and was delicious. The zuppa di mussels was fantastic. The highlight of the meal was the PIZZA. It was paper thin and crispy as could be. I would have to say that this was probably the best pizza I ever ate, anywhere! The toppings were fresh and delicious. We had a bottle of the local wine each night and it was delicious and reasonably priced. Our server was so friendly and did everything she could to make our evening enjoyable. We shared most dishes and she gladly provided us with extra plates for each serving. Another very nice touch is the bottles of homemade after dinner cordials that they give you free. You can fill your glasses as much as you want. SALUTE'

1  Thank JunoBeachGreenberg
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Arrived here as it was raining heavy stopped for,lunch nice bowlof pasta each and good service, easy to find on main street of in area again would return.

1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We went there by chance... and were happily surprised. We found excellent food (the fish from the very lake of Bolsena was really very tasty), very efficient service, very nice and friendly family people. Also the price is reasonable, so it is definitely a good choice.

1  Thank nini_it